Panic buying bread and milk

cantbelieve people are getting in a tizzy over a load of snow,its not a tsunami or earthquake after all.

what happened to the british spirit ? why dont people learn to make their own bread like their granny used to? how many today can ?, if it doesnt come out of a packet or a tin or isnt pre packed and oven ready then your stuck,just because of a load of snow that will eventually be gone

no cat litter in my local waitrose.

your cat will have to cross its legs then! :hihi:

I reckon it's a Co Op thing, at Intake there wasn't any bread for nearly two days and I've tried to get milk in there 3 times but there isn't any. Even when there isn't any snow none of them over this side of Sheffield seem to be on top form.

im so thankful i bought a breadmaker last year always have flour,bread mix in ect easy peasy

Have you been panic buying flour and yeast?No wonder there's not enough to go round everybody.

Been in two shops today and both were stuffed to the gills with food, including bread and milk. I was even quite excited because I found a new sort of loaf ;)

Remember the shops are all accessible by truck now, the stores will have cottoned on and be over ordering, and no blizzards are forecast for days.

No point people panic buying cat litter as it does sod all to melt snow and ice, it only gives grip - until crushed. And what's more, it will utterly annihilate your carpets unless you are scrupulous about not treading it into the house, because it's made of clay and impossible to remove. So unless you know what you're doing, don't even go there!

ive been to asda today to get a few bits we needed and while in i saw one man with 15-16 cartons of long life milk as well as 3(4pint) bottles of normal milk (i dont know how long he thinks the snow is going to last for) then while getting bread i saw a man with 12 loafs of bread (as well has his 7 4pint bottles of milk) then had the cheek to tut when i put 3 loafs in my trolley :loopy:

no cat litter in my local waitrose.

encourage your cat to go outside to the toilet :)

ive been to asda today to get a few bits we needed and while in i saw one man with 15-16 cartons of long life milk as well as 3(4pint) bottles of normal milk (i dont know how long he thinks the snow is going to last for) then while getting bread i saw a man with 12 loafs of bread (as well has his 7 4pint bottles of milk) then had the cheek to tut when i put 3 loafs in my trolley :loopy:

What have I missed? Is there a bread and butter pudding competition going on?

Are people even hoarding the non-clay based cat litters? That'd be funny, if they put paper based stuff down, as it will just freeze into a big messy, pulpy ice :hihi:

some weeks we have only one loaf a week and i can go for days without eating bread and some people do the same but when you cant have something you want it even more. i just hope these panic buyers are eating the bread they buy cause it'll egg on their face wasting money .i work with elderly people and feel very for the ones that cant get out to buy food.

the only shop i could get to today was lidl....had no bread or milk and hardly any fresh veg or meat!

Nothing new there then lol

What have I missed? Is there a bread and butter pudding competition going on?

i wouldnt have a clue i just got what i would normally buy in a week.