Panic buying bread and milk

people are going mad.I'm the night shift manager in a well known large supermarket , when i got to work saturday night the store looked worse than it did at xmas and sunday was even worse.sold out completely of bread,milk,salt,cat litter,soup,most tinned veg,porridge,chicken, although we are ok for ice cream

I hope that people are left with all they've bought and that it all goes rotten, let's face it, you can only eat so much.

Sainsbury's Archer Road had people queueing to get into the carpark and they were even blocking the traffic lights which is illegal.

I've been going to this store since it opened and I've never seen it like this even at Christmas time, what's wrong with people?

I work in the bakery in Tesco's, and I've seen people buying 10 loaves at a time.. I asked this one fella why he was buying so many.. His reply was, " we need it because of the snow" :confused:

Our fresh bread will last about 2-3 days once you've got it home, so unless he had a very big freezer to keep it all in, or he can eat it all within 3 days, he'll have a big shock when he comes to eat it and it's as hard as a brick.. :hihi:

people are going mad.I'm the night shift manager in a well known large supermarket , when i got to work saturday night the store looked worse than it did at xmas and sunday was even worse.sold out completely of bread,milk,salt,cat litter,soup,most tinned veg,porridge,chicken, although we are ok for ice cream

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

our local baker has been working non stop to keep up with demand and the corner shop has been doing a roaring trade...no point driving to the big supermarkets when he can bulk buy there and sell on at a massive profit...called supply and demand....he wants the:hihi::hihi: snow to melt last week in july...when he's off to skeggy for a week...:hihi::hihi:

Don't advertise ice-cream, the panic buyers will be raiding the freezers for it!

I work in the bakery in Tesco's, and I've seen people buying 10 loaves at a time.. I asked this one fella why he was buying so many.. His reply was, " we need it because of the snow" :confused:

Our fresh bread will last about 2-3 days once you've got it home, so unless he had a very big freezer to keep it all in, or he can eat it all within 3 days, he'll have a big shock when he comes to eat it and it's as hard as a brick.. :hihi:

Will be grating it to make breadcrumbs :hihi:

I have just been to my local shop for milk....what a joke....

There was none in the co-op at woodhouse so went to next local costcutter, i was talking to the lady who was serving and she informed me the co-op had allowed a man to buy 20 loaves of bread and £20 worth of milk. :loopy:

I think that shops should have a limit on what people can buy..at times like this

its silly buying all that it will have gone off before they use it all....

what about the people that have struggled to get to the shop to find one person has bought most of the stock........ this a time when we should be looking after one an other not been selfish....

buy a bread maker then u wont have any worries make as much as u like hehe ::)

buy a bread maker then u wont have any worries make as much as u like hehe ::)

I do make my own bread and try to as much as poss, i was just saying that it is v unfair of people to buy that much bread or milk at one time. As there are so many people that would/could have gone with out.

i wish more people would make there own bread as its a wonderful smell and feeling eating home made bread.