Panic buying bread and milk

I'm too idle to go out and do my own panic buying, so I have it delivered!

The milkman hasn't missed a delivery and I've panic-ordered one whole loaf from Sainsbury's for delivery next week. :hihi:

One whole loaf! How dare you :hihi:

I was a bit worried about this has i read it in the paper, i also buy for neighbours that can not get out, and i have already had a lashing about this from some body in Tesco's the other day buying more then i should when i was buying for others. But i have been to our local shop thinking be no bread or milk, or maybe only allow to get one of each per customer. But at our local Premier i love even more now, the shop fridge was full of milk and plenty of bread. My OH loves tea he can drink over a pint and half a day in tea, but i was more happy i could get more then one item per person so i could get for elder neighbours when they want me to go for them. Our local shop is not doing the one per person like some shops in our area, but then again our shop does go out of their way to stock up daily so people can buy more if need for them or buy for others to this is reason they are doing it, and also told me doing free delivery for the elderly and disabled who are local wile the snow is down.

I know the other local shop is forever running out of stock that why i never use him, i am sure he only goes once a week for stock and he has a sign up in the window milk and bread one per person only. If more local shops was like our premier shop that cares about customers even in this weather and can go out in all weathers to stock daily, then none of this would happen for them who can not get to a supermarket.

I was a bit worried about this has i read it in the paper, i also buy for neighbours that can not get out, and i have already had a lashing about this from some body in Tesco's the other day buying more then i should when i was buying for others. But i have been to our local shop thinking be no bread or milk, or maybe only allow to get one of each per customer. But at our local Premier i love even more now, the shop fridge was full of milk and plenty of bread. My OH loves tea he can drink over a pint and half a day in tea, but i was more happy i could get more then one item per person so i could get for elder neighbours when they want me to go for them. Our local shop is not doing the one per person like some shops in our area, but then again our shop does go out of their way to stock up daily so people can buy more if need for them or buy for others to this is reason they are doing it, and also told me doing free delivery for the elderly and disabled who are local wile the snow is down.

I know the other local shop is forever running out of stock that why i never use him, i am sure he only goes once a week for stock and he has a sign up in the window milk and bread one per person only. If more local shops was like our premier shop that cares about customers even in this weather and can go out in all weathers to stock daily, then none of this would happen for them who can not get to a supermarket.

No offence because I can understand that you are being helpful by getting things for other people who might not be capable of doing so. BUT many people are just being OTT and getting things in because they have it in their heads that the next ice age is immenent! However, Im sure your OH could do without so much tea in an emergency as could others and there is no need to go into a panic...yet...:P

No offence because I can understand that you are being helpful by getting things for other people who might not be capable of doing so. BUT many people are just being OTT and getting things in because they have it in their heads that the next ice age is immenent, however, Im sure your OH could do without so much tea in an emergency as could others and their is no need to go into a panic...yet...:P

Who says i was panic buying, i dint say i buy any milk today, i was just simply saying that it is nice i can buy more to help people and buy for us from this shop and not have to worry or go around all the shops one by one just to get more milk if i need to, has only some shops are only doing one per person. I never panic buy in my life, its others that do and stop others getting things that people need or buy more if people need help. Has for my OH if you have a addiction you will know it hard to give up like my OH has with tea, i rather him drink that daily then cans of beer getting wasting all 24/7, i know now where i can buy it no problem from the shop keepers.

Edited by dieselbabe

Who says i was panic buying, i dint say i buy any milk today, i was just simply saying that it is nice i can buy more to help people and buy for us from this shop and not have to worry or go around all the shops one by one just to get more milk if i need to, has only some shops are only doing one per person. I never panic buy in my life, its others that do and stop others getting things that people need or buy more if people need help. Has for my OH if you have a addiction you will know it hard to give up like my OH has with tea, i rather him drink that daily then cans of beer getting wasting all 27/4, i know now where i can buy it no problem from the shop keepers.

Nobody said you were panic buying...hmmm!

The fact is other people are and that it is counter productive.

As for your OH and tea over beer thats another issue but the fact remains that people shouldnt feel the need to stock up on such items becuase they will still be in stock next week.

Nobody said you were panic buying...hmmm!

The fact is other people are and that it is counter productive.

As for your OH and tea over beer thats another issue but the fact remains that people shouldnt feel the need to stock up on such items becuase they will still be in stock next week.

I agree with you people should not stock up because of it and shops will re stock, i dint either just 6pts that buy the other day to last us for week like we do every week. Sorry if i read you post wrong, but it seem like you was having a dig at what i buy because of OH drinking tea and of this panic buying going of.

Not at all...just the wider problem of silly people being OTT and my ahving to que for 45 mins earlier in the day because of it all! I have respect for anybody willing to help those who cannot get out at this current time.

It is stupid though. I went to the shop today for bread and milk, and ended up having to come home with £20's worth of Pot Noodles. :(

:help: as long as it was beef and tomato flavoured :hihi:

well i did decide to order my shopping online last week as i couldnt get out with 2 young kids(off school) and a baby....but i didnt 'panic buy'. i got my normal shopping plus one more 4pint than usual, only for the baby's sake. it is selfish of people to buy loads, what about us parents with young ones to think about?.

Well ll them who bought loads of bread must be kicking them selves now!:rolleyes::hihi: