Panic buying bread and milk

Has anyone heard of a milkman? Apparently they used to bring milk to your front door.

And leave off the bread - it makes you fat and stupid - fact.

hey...i eat loads of bread....

:hihi:

Sounds serious this panic buying, better get myself down the shops early and get a few loafs and bottles of milk to last the next week or two.

Well me, the OH, and all my family and friends have been in various shops the past few days and not a single one of them was short of anything! The only thing you will struggle to get is cheap salt!

Who needs tea and coffee?

Too much caffeine and stodgy white bread aint good for you.

Get a healthier diet you slobs!

All the numpties in my area have stripped the supermarket shelves bare of cat litter, so that they can chuck on their drives. This leaves those of us with cats unable to buy litter, so my two cats are now having to cross their legs.:mad:

Cat litter doesn't even melt snow and ice, it just goes into a sticky mess. World's gone mad:loopy:

if cats associate cat litter with its use, then their drives aren't going to be pleasant when all the snow has gone

I think people are starting to get used to the snow being here now, it's only took since the 12th December lol.

with regards to cat litter, we've got some of the stupidly expensive stuff from waitrose - its white, sort of like crystals,, and turns into money or something like that, after the cat has had a slash? it wants to anyway for how much it cost.

with regards to cat litter, we've got some of the stupidly expensive stuff from waitrose - its white, sort of like crystals,, and turns into money or something like that, after the cat has had a slash? it wants to anyway for how much it cost.

That stuff may have bleach in it. Watch out for the clumping stuff too, because it will leave big rocks of frozen litter/snow all over the place. Some have silica gel in as well which won't be a great thing to have in the garden in the summer.

When the Mail was on about cat litter they meant the ordinary brown clay stuff. Even then it makes a bloody mess.

And if it's one of the 'soft' cat litters don't use it, or it will make you have less traction!!!

Edited by Mathom

Thing is my grandmother says how she trudged through knee deep high snow in 60s to work, so it is just plain silly what people do. You just dont take the car and walk!, i would even take a shovell first and wade myself through it!:rolleyes:

That stuff may have bleach in it. Watch out for the clumping stuff too, because it will leave big rocks of frozen litter/snow all over the place. Some have silica gel in as well which won't be a great thing to have in the garden in the summer.

When the Mail was on about cat litter they meant the ordinary brown clay stuff. Even then it makes a bloody mess.

And if it's one of the 'soft' cat litters don't use it, or it will make you have less traction!!!

silica gel rings a bell. its still being used for its true purpose, theres too much snow where we are for any gritting etc :)

silica gel rings a bell. its still being used for its true purpose, theres too much snow where we are for any gritting etc :)

Best kept for cats if it's that stuff!

I learned the hard way about clay in the carpet, but there's worse stuff out there! I don't know why people don't get sand? It's the best thing besides grit. Empty the kids' sandpit out if necessary.