Sign in to follow this  

The Queen is Dead has to be the best Smiths Album

Has to be the best Smiths Album i've heard anyone else like the band :D bet some of you thought the Queen was dead for real didn't you :hihi:

You GIT! :o:D . . .

Originally posted by Jon

Has to be the best Smiths Album i've heard anyone else like the band :D bet some of you thought the Queen was dead for real didn't you :hihi:

i alyways thought that morriseys solo stuff was much better than the stuff he did with the smiths

but thats for another thread i guess:)

Shame about Morrisey, though...:(

Have you only just discovered The Smiths? I used to have some very sad conversations made up entirely of Smiths lyrics!! Thats the sort of thing that seemed a good idea at 15!

Originally posted by ddolly

Have you only just discovered The Smiths? I used to have some very sad conversations made up entirely of Smiths lyrics!! Thats the sort of thing that seemed a good idea at 15!

beware i bear more grudges than lonely high court judges ..................... top lyrics

but whats the song...........and no cheating:P

"The more I ignore you the close I get", If i remember rightly. I love The Smiths and Morrissey. This Charming Man has to be one of my all time favorite songs.

I resect his work both in The Smiths, and as a solo artist, but I think he's been much better working solo.

Joel

best smiths song for me was panic top lyrics and i bet simon bates never played it either

:)

EVERYONE says the Queen is Dead is the best album. Not for me. Meat is Murder everytime.....

And much as I LOVE the Smiths, I can bear any solo Morrisey stuff.

Oooooh, and my fave songs are - Sweet and Tender Hooligan & Miserable Lie. Well today they are anyway.

I really like some of the music and Johnny Marrs guitar playing is sublime at times but I detest Morrisey on a cellular level.

It is a fantastic album (but which Smiths isn't?), but I don't think it's my fave - probably go for Meat is Murder too. Morrissey is always in danger of disappearing up his own arse though. I thought he might grow out of his Morrissey-ness, but 20 years on he hasn't. Full marks for being consistent then!

Originally posted by BoroughGal

I can bear any solo Morrisey stuff.

Think BG meant to say "can't stand"... she wouldn't even merit Mozzer's solo stuff with one of her near-legendary stage invasions. Ah well, each to their own.