Sign in to follow this  

The Queen is Dead has to be the best Smiths Album

His lyrics are just fantastic, theres no bad moz songs!

Originally posted by f_g

His lyrics are just fantastic, theres no bad moz songs!

All of them are bad

Please don't post about The Smiths on this forum. Their genius is completely lost on the people of this forum :rolleyes:

Oh, and I saw Morrissey eight times in 2004, three of which were in America :D

Wow!! That's dedication for you!!!

;) is it true "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others"? i seem to hum that alot walking round Meadowhall.

Yes, and some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers...... Did you know that?

My friend is in a band and did that at a gig one night, and dedicated it to the girl I was with... dont think she was very impressed!! Not the best wooing song!

I was so obsessed with the Smiths in my youth that i spent much of one summer working out and writing down the lyrics for every single they'd ever released, then finding little pictures of the single covers from NME and sticking them in a special book. . . .

. . . I think you can begin to imagine how much fun I was to hang out with as a teenager!!!

Didn't have t'internet then, with its type-a-line-into-google-and-you've-got-the-whole-song-(including-the-line-you-could-never-quite-work-out-so-just-made-up-your-own-mumble-to-hide-the-fact)-right-there-in-front-of-you-with-no-work-on-your-part functions! No! You had to work for your lyrics, then!

My favourite album is The Queen is Dead, too. Has to be. It has the best title, and in Frankly Mr Shankly, the best song. Ever. Except for Sheila take a Bow. And Panic. And Heavens Knows. . . .maybe Strangeways is the best . . . erm . . .

JfG x