Sign in to follow this  

The Queen is Dead has to be the best Smiths Album

you cant stand morrisey? or do you mean morrissey?

as you can see my sig is from a certain great song.

I think the best Smiths album was Meat Is Murder. "What She Said" is a classic! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Oooooh, and my fave songs are - Sweet and Tender Hooligan & Miserable Lie. Well today they are anyway.

"Sweet & Tender Hooligan" is a brilliant song, not too keen on "Miserable Lie" though.

Big Smiths/Mozza fan here!!

Anyone see MTV2 on Saturday night? They played something like 3 hours of Smiths and Morrissey. There were 6 videos I'd never even seen before.

Much as I love The Queen Is Dead (esp. Frankly, Mr Shankly, the beautiful Cemetery Gates and Never Had No-One Ever) I still prefer Strangeways, Here We Come, even though it is a less cohesive album.

My favourite single is probably Girlfriend In A Coma, best track something like London or You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby. Oh I dunno, so many great tracks.

I saw Mozza at the City Hall c 1992. My favourite Mozza albums are Viva Hate, Vauxhall & I and his most recent, You Are The Quarry. Fave Mozza song is either Suedehead or Every Day Is Like Sunday.

And the Smiths song Miserable Lie (off their eponymous album) is guaranteed to have me howling in laughter and crying my eyes out: 'I look at yours, you laugh at mine and love is just a miserable lie').

Loving it!

i managed to see moz 6 times last year and get a nice handshake from him :-) highlight of the year! The live at earls court album has a great sound to it.

Smiths were my favourite band as a teenager - I'm 26 now. They broke up long before I discovered them. But I can't listen to them now...they make me feel queesy. Something deep and traumatic in that.

Used to say Hi to Johnny Marr after school as he lived next door. Bernard Sumner could often be seen driving in and out as Johnny had a studio in there.

And Ian Brown could often be seen riding his BMX round near the sweet shop. Him and Squires use to go to my school.

Not interesting really...

Guest NicolaE

I don't like Morrisey on his own, I heard he was shagging the Fonz's son from my mate whos a huge Smiths fan, duno how true that is though. My favorite song is there is a light that never goes out

Never actually thought The Smiths had a best or good album....ever.

:D I Love it when people change my titles...its good to see so many Smiths fans on this site :)

oh best songs have got to be This Charming Man, Boy with a Thorn in His Side, Real Around the Fountain, but my absolute favorite is Heaven Knows I'm Misrerable Now makes me howl with laughter! especially 'I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now!' Spot on Mozza. Got to see him at Doncaster on the Suedehead tour and in Dec at Brighton. Both were ace and I ended up in floods of tears, for my lost youth more than anything I think!

Originally posted by ddolly

oh best songs have got to be This Charming Man, Boy with a Thorn in His Side, Real Around the Fountain, but my absolute favorite is Heaven Knows I'm Misrerable Now makes me howl with laughter! especially 'I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now!' Spot on Mozza. Got to see him at Doncaster on the Suedehead tour and in Dec at Brighton. Both were ace and I ended up in floods of tears, for my lost youth more than anything I think!

in less then an a hour we can play "Every day is like sunday" :D

Originally posted by Jon

in less then an a hour we can play "Every day is like sunday" :D

Oh joy

:gag: