Missed bin collections due to the snow

We are in S6, bin was due to be emptied today but they haven't been, even though other vehicles are up and down our street without too many problems. I suppose it'll now be another week without being emptied. But as it's almost 2 weeks since it was last emptied, does that mean they will also take bags placed at the side of the bin when they eventually do come??? Does anyone know?

Have a look at the info on the council website:http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/bincollections/bins-snow

Especially the bit that says: If you are scheduled to receive a Friday collection and we have not emptied your black bin by the end of Friday 8th January, please place your bin at the kerbside on Saturday 9th January from 7am onwards, as we are hoping to undertake collections of some missed black bins on the roads where the snow and ice have started to clear and improve.

We're in S6, and didn't get our bin emptied today, but hopefully they'll make it tomorrow. But its snowing again, so... perhaps not.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I live in Stoney Middleton and our bins have not emptied since before Christmas ! How mad is that :rant:

This took the biscuit today.

After having no collection due to the Christmas period and now the snow I had my fingers crossed the bin men would come to my street and collect the bins. Ours is crammed full as you might guess.

At 9am I heard what sounded like a lorry on my street. Looking out I could see a bin lorry sitting at the end of my road with its engine running. Great I thought.

Come 9:45 the bin lorry is still there, engine running with a few guys in the cab chatting. I headed out until later in the day and when I returned I found our bin was still full. In fact ALL the bins were still full and the bin lorry had gone.

It would seem the bin men came to my street. Sat in their lorry keeping themselves warm for about an hour and then left emptying 0 bins.

I can get my car up and down the road and it’s pretty flat so the lorry should have no problem. However if they had decided the road was too snowy they could of at least emptied the bins they where parked next to or within a few metres.

I think I will be ringing the council on Monday morning to complain as this is getting to be a joke.

Our bins haven't been emptied since a week last Monday, they were due to be emptied today but haven't - our road isn't that bad with snow and they could have got up it. We are in S12. What I was wondering was will they come on Monday or will it be next Friday?

ours get emptied weekly always on time. ha ha ha!

We are in S6, bin was due to be emptied today but they haven't been, even though other vehicles are up and down our street without too many problems. I suppose it'll now be another week without being emptied. But as it's almost 2 weeks since it was last emptied, does that mean they will also take bags placed at the side of the bin when they eventually do come??? Does anyone know?

Yes they will

It says on the website that they will take extra bags placed next to the bin with next weeks collection. Ours was missed this week and we were away for the collection over Christmas so we have quite a collection of rubbish now. Hopefully they will take the extra bags.

ours get emptied weekly always on time. ha ha ha!

There's no need to brag about it ;)

We had ours emptied yesterday, (sheffield 12 as well) :)

It was quite good as well they churned the snow up a bit which was getting quite compact and slippery.