Missed bin collections due to the snow

4 weeks for Blue Bin collection?!

Doesn't give much incentive to recycle. In Mansfield it was alternate weeks, it worked alot easier and encouraged people to recycle so they don't fill there general waste bins up.

Doesn't give much incentive to recycle. In Mansfield it was alternate weeks, it worked alot easier and encouraged people to recycle so they don't fill there general waste bins up.

Don't panic!

It's all a-changing:

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/sheffield/pages/wastecolfaqs.asp?catId=DryRecycling

I'd recycle more if we were provided with the correct bins, i.e

Blue for paper.

Green for compostable waste

Brown for glass/metal

and black for un recyclable waste + food.

Collected alternate weeks through the months.

Great stuff, glad they are changing things, makes sense.

Bonjon, too many bins can become a pain I think, one part of Nottinghamshire they have the following:

Green: General/Non-recyclable waste

Blue: Paper, Card, Cans.

Brown: Compostable Garden waste

Collection Tub: Glass bottles

They do however collect the bottles when the blue bin is collected, it does work though.

I'd like to say a big thank you to my binmen. I couldn't get out on Tuesday to put the bins out as I had a very sick child (why none of the 3 men who share my binstore put mine or their own out is another matter:rolleyes:). The binmen emptied them all anyway. A great relief as they'd not been done for a month with Xmas and snow :D

I hope they do collect bags as promised. Our bin hasn't been empties since the 23rd december now. I assume they came on the 30th december but we were away then and then the weather put a stop to the next two.

Our road is quite steep and doesn't get gritted, and our bin collections have been seriously hit and miss since Christmas..

Have I moaned about it ?? No. I got off my ass and took what ever I've been able to, to the recycling centre when I've managed to get out..

I know there'll be few of you that can't because of different reasons, but if you are capable of driving and aren't having any trouble getting out and about to work or where ever, then why not do as I've done ?? You complain that your garden/street is covered in rubbish but it can't bother you that much that or you'd have done something about it by now..

Theres a few of you moaning on here that I know are quite capable of going to the tip/recycling centres because you've been talking about driving around this week on other threads..

Ours have been every week in S12.Well done those men.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hi does any1 know if the bins will get collected on wednesday please parson x area

I live off Wordsworth Ave and mine have just been emptied about half an hour ago after 4 weeks!!!

I live S5 no binman today although I did see one at the end of road.

I live S5 no binman today although I did see one at the end of road.

They went straight up our road early this morning, without stopping but the came back about 2 hours ago. I am also on Longley.