Missed bin collections due to the snow

It was the turn for our blue bin to be emptied today so with tongue in cheek and crossed fingers we put it out last night and I was awoken at about 7.30 by the sound of the bin lorry outside our house doing the job well. Good on them. We also had our black bin emptied on Monday the due day , we are on the arbourthorne

We are in S6, bin was due to be emptied today but they haven't been, even though other vehicles are up and down our street without too many problems. I suppose it'll now be another week without being emptied. But as it's almost 2 weeks since it was last emptied, does that mean they will also take bags placed at the side of the bin when they eventually do come??? Does anyone know?

see post 46

I was told they would also take bags as well

Uh oh. No black or blue bin collection for us in Walkley Bank this week :(

According to the Sheffield Council and Veolia websites, blue bins that were not collected last week will now not be emptied until February: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/bincollections/bins-snow.

Well fantastic. Our blue bin was full a fortnight ago and we have since had to make 2 trips to recycle our own cardboard. Putting it in our normal bin isn't an option as that hasn't been emptied for a fortnight either and we are already accumulated a pile of additional bin bags on the pavement outside. If the council are keen to encourage people to recycle they have a very strange way of going about it.

Well after reading that I am afraid it will go in the normal bin as the bue bin is full. I take all my plastics and cans for recycling, I have 6 or 7 bags full of cans and plastics waiting to go for recycling, I am not messing with paper as well.

mine hasn't been emptied for 1 month, although 1 week i didnt take it out as it was only half full cos i'd been away, however the slackers that are veolia will not make any effort to collect the many bags aswell as bins that are now strewn on our street !!!!!

mine hasn't been emptied for 1 month, although 1 week i didnt take it out as it was only half full cos i'd been away, however the slackers that are veolia will not make any effort to collect the many bags aswell as bins that are now strewn on our street !!!!!

I think that is unfair.

They are doing their best to cope with the situation.

Not been emptied on our road since before xmas in s35 :roll:

they probably wont come our hasnt been collected for 3 weeks was due to be collection today but still hasnt been emptied

Not been emptied since before Christmas in S4 despite saying they were coming, despite seeing the bin men go past the end of the road twice.

The road is passable - it is also increasingly covered in rubbish as cats, foxes and no doubt rats rip the bags open. :gag:

Great

Not been emptied since before Christmas in S4 despite saying they were coming, despite seeing the bin men go past the end of the road twice.

The road is passable - it is also increasingly covered in rubbish as cats, foxes and no doubt rats rip the bags open. :gag:

Great

Same for us in S5 not had our bins emptied since 28th Dec road is now strewn with black bin bags which are slowly being ripped open by numerous animals. I have resorted to storing mine under the kitchen table to save them being ripped open outside. Good job its cold so rubbish not to smelly yet!!

No blue bin emptied either since begining of Dec so thats overflowing too getting really pee'd off with it all now.