Just for a bit of fun: suggest a new name for Fitzalan Square

I don't get to town very often these days but whilst I was coming through Fitzalan Square the other week I noticed that a lot of the shops there has closed and all these betting shops have taken their places......Bet Fred, Coral, Ladbrokes, William Hill and a slot machine palace.....not to mention the Bingo Hall on the corner:roll:

There's even a loans comany strategically placed bang in the middle of two of them....talk about temptation ....lol.

Anyhow, just for a bit of fun on this cold, cold night, let's hear some suggestions for a new name for the square ...(unofficially of course :roll: ):|

It's a shame. It's a lovely square with some beautiful buildings.

Its now known as Gamblers Paradise, lol

Kieren Fallon Square - After the jockey / betting shops

Tenants Super Square - After our alcoholic friends

I work (sometimes) just around the corner and I'm amazed that when I walk past at 8.30am there are people waiting outside with cans of beer and they hang around all day. The bingo hall is funny because they all come out for a fag at the same time, a row of old women in tracksuits all fagging it as fast as they can. Where do these people get their money from?!?

I'd call it Blown Giro Square.

The bingo hall is funny because they all come out for a fag at the same time, a row of old women in tracksuits all fagging it as fast as they can. Where do these people get their money from?!?

I'd call it Blown Giro Square.

In the case of the Bingo Hall, and assuming they're playing the books and not the boards - Bingo is a 100%-returns game. In the long run everybody should break even.

How's about Sheffields biggest Urinal/Pigeon dump site/vomitarium.. just an observation like.. ;)

How's about Sheffields biggest Urinal/Pigeon dump site/vomitarium.. just an observation like.. ;)

You missed out the long haired wanna be skateboarders...:hihi:

Seriously though, I'm wondering if it's true that the gents public convenience in the square is still preserved as it was......or has that succumbed to a pokey snack bar too ?

You missed out the long haired wanna be skateboarders...:hihi:

Seriously though, I'm wondering if it's true that the gents public convenience in the square is still preserved as it was......or has that succumbed to a pokey snack bar too ?

Hi

I think the police use it for interrogating suspects

I don't get to town very often these days but whilst I was coming through Fitzalan Square the other week I noticed that a lot of the shops there has closed and all these betting shops have taken their places......Bet Fred, Coral, Ladbrokes, William Hill and a slot machine palace.....not to mention the Bingo Hall on the corner:roll:

There's even a loans comany strategically placed bang in the middle of two of them....talk about temptation ....lol.

Anyhow, just for a bit of fun on this cold, cold night, let's hear some suggestions for a new name for the square ...(unofficially of course :roll: ):|

Why don't we call it Fitzalan Square? and boycot these duff establishments?

You could help by avoiding your temptation!

Sounds like fun! :)

In the case of the Bingo Hall, and assuming they're playing the books and not the boards - Bingo is a 100%-returns game. In the long run everybody should break even.

And how long is the long run by your reckoning?!

Because I am well down on returns!