Does anyone work for Freemans in Sheffield?

just wondered? what u think of it if you have /did/do work there

I worked on Orderline at Freemans a few months ago - I didn't even last 3 weeks! Having worked in crappy call centres before I was hardly expecting a bed of roses, but Freemans really was the eighth circle of hell!

The training is shambolic, the operating systems archaic and the staff (apart from fellow newbies on my training course - sound) are just plain crap. Trainers would argue amongst themselves as to what we should be taught, try to get off with new starters and worst of all, declare that mail order business now relies on "Friday night slappers and single mothers who can't afford anything". Needless to say I reported that particular individual but don't hold out any hope that anything was done about it.

On the plus side, they do yummy and cheap breakfasts in their subsidised cafe.

Do you work there?

Yes, I work there on orderline - and am trying to escape!

I used to work there & i loved it!

Mind you that was in 1999..... looks like things have definetly gone downhill :o

No I still work here and I still love it! think someone has an axe to grind maybe!

just wondered? what u think of it if you have /did/do work there

My friend works there and has done for about 10 years! She moans about it all time but pay isn't bad so she stays put. She mainly moans about how strict they are about time keeping, hols and stuff like that. I think she does a bit of swapping around with her days with collegues so that she gets any time off that she needs to do with kids school hols etc.

does anyone know the number for the freemans recruitment line?

Recruitment line number is 0114 2635555. It is usually an answerphone and then they will call you back to do a telephone interview.

A lot of people do moan about the strictness of timekeeping and breaks etc, but the lengths of breaks are quite generous and any call centre is basically the same with regards to timing. Compared to others Freemans is not so bad on this score. Lots of staff who leave to work in other call centres return after several months! Plus we do get free parking and on site gym and pool.

freemans is on attercliffe. Its just before the round about turn off to the sheffield arena. thats if you are coming towards it from town center.

I used to work at Freemans on Orderline too! It was the easiest crust I have ever earnt! So why did I leave I hear you ask? I moved away to complete my studies! If not I would still be there.

The training was intense but the trainers made it fun & enjoyable! I've worked for many call centres and by far Freemans was the only one I would say I'd go back and work for.

I've just joined Freeman's and completed 3 weeks training! So far so good. Good informal atmosphere, easy money the swimming pool is a bonus and so is the free parking! As a fashion-olic the discount on designer brands is wicked too. They also have small businesses come to visit selling everything from cheap brand perfumes / aftersaves to discounted brand chocolates. I will be saving some money this xmas on pressies! Staff are friendly and always helpful. All you have to do is ask.

Yeah the systems are abit dated but easy to follow when you remember to press the right buttons. lol!