Average British Woman Spends £31,000 on Shoes

Everyone should buy their shoes in the US:clap: Shoes are so cheap here I don't feel guilty - even if my shoes are merely ornaments that I never wear!

Are any of you girls cowboy boot fans? Just bought a pair of hand stitched cowboy boots for $30:clap:

Seriously, when you look at the prices of shoes & clothes here it makes you really mad how much we have to pay in Britain for the exact same thing. Anyone want a copy of the American LeRedoute catalogue? They charge the same price in $'s as thet do in £'s - almost HALF the price:suspect:

How much does tha average women spend at the hairdressers?

£31,000 is ridiculous. I have three pairs of shoes - the total I have spent on shoes this year is probably about £12.

Who is this person who has hundreds of pounds a year to spend on shoes?

Kathy I agree with you, if that is true someone is buying my share.

I own about 60 pairs of shoes. Or so i last counted. But however im not too bad as only about 20 of them were over £30 and none of them over £50.

God im glad they created Jonothan James,s :clap:

I have a stupid amount of shoes and wouldnot like to count how many because it would take too long. I just can't help it. I love them. :D

I adore shoes (and bags). The thing is about shoes is they are so easy to buy compared to clothes - they are displayed better (you don't have to spend hours rummaging through rails to find a bargain), they are easier to try on and usually a size 5 is the same in every shop (unlike clothes...I seem to vary from a size 8 to a size 14 :suspect: ).

My most recent pair are a lovely pair of gold strappy heels!

Best buy would have to be my cowboy boots, I bought them about this time last year and they have been thoroughly loved ever since! :D

Like T020 I wear Jack boots during the week but I prefer some slinky, sling-back, high-heeled little numbers for the weekend! Like most women I like to spend a large amount of my income on pointless foot coverings.

I'm off out now, to the park, for a jog in my new running pumps!

Originally posted by sonofman

Like most women I like to spend a large amount of my income on pointless foot coverings.

Pointless, or poinTY, foot coverings, perhaps Sonofman? ;)

I like pointy myself :)

StarSparkle

Originally posted by tulip

Everyone should buy their shoes in the US:clap: Shoes are so cheap here I don't feel guilty - even if my shoes are merely ornaments that I never wear!

Are any of you girls cowboy boot fans? Just bought a pair of hand stitched cowboy boots for $30:clap:

Hand-stitched where tulip ? Some far-eastern sweat shop where the poor blighters have to work 12 hours a day seven days a week just to keep their kids from starving ?

Apologies if that does make you feel just a little bit gulty, it's not meant to be personal but is something we all ought to think about. :(

Originally posted by Greybeard

Hand-stitched where tulip ? Some far-eastern sweat shop where the poor blighters have to work 12 hours a day seven days a week just to keep their kids from starving ?

Apologies if that does make you feel just a little bit gulty, it's not meant to be personal but is something we all ought to think about. :(

Attacked yet again for no reason! I bought my boots in a US shop, inside the boots in bold letters it says 'Made in the USA' I suppose it could be a lie and they were actually made in a third world country by badly payed overworked people. I hope you know where all your shoes, clothes and food comes from? I am not a conciousless bimbo who doesn't give a damn about exploitation. The boots as far as I know were not made in a US sweatshop by badly paid illegal immigrants either because they come from a large, famous US factory that make boots for ranchers.