Has anybody been on this medication - Cymbalta - duloxetine??

I wouldnt say that its rare.

The number of cases happened, divided by the number of people who take the medication, would say it is.

I'm surprised they would go so far as to say "occasionally," when it fact it is extremely rare.

I think it's more common than the drug companies would let on. Many people who have reported symptoms, get taken off the drug but their suicidal impulses are blamed on the condition rather than the medication.

I think it's more common than the drug companies would let on.

Based on what you've just said, it is actually less common than the drug companies are letting on.

Just a word of warning to those who may be prescribed this. I was prescribed something chemically similar to Duloxetine called 'Venlafaxine' back in 2003 by a hospital doctor & the side effects were horrendous.

Pharmaceutical companies were reluctant to admit the truth that these drugs can cause suicidality as well as prevent it.

Even now they only acknowledge that this 'occasionally' happens to the young people.

I thought this was common knowledge? All of the AD's i've been on have had warning about this, and my GP/Psych has alwayus informed me of the risk.

I have always had warnings on my ADs.

I found duloxetine felt just like when I was on fluoxetine.. I changed to Citalopram though as it works way better for me.

Good Luck xx

I have always had warnings on my ADs.

I found duloxetine felt just like when I was on fluoxetine.. I changed to Citalopram though as it works way better for me.

Good Luck xx

I think at one point I was on fluoxetine and had some horrible side effects - I have been on escitalopram for a while now and it has been the only one that has worked up until now - thats why im worried about changing to duloxetine as I have read it has similar effects as fluoxetine.

I think I will pay another visit to the GP.