Unable to view dat files from cd on computer

Hi

We are trying to view a cd of pictures that we have saved. However when we get the contents of the cd up it tells us that we are unable to view them as they are incompatible. We have worked out that they are dat files and we have no idea how to view them. Before telephoning the tech guys and spending a lot of time and effort on the phone anyone got any idea how we can sort this.

Thanks.

nero reads dat files, and power iso ..................i think

Try saving the files to your hard drive and then renaming the file extension to .jpeg instead of .dat then try to open them.

Hi, The thing to about .DAT files is that it indicates a file that has arbitrary data. These are not usually associated with any one programme. If for example it has .xls on the end then you know for sure that it will open with exel. The best thing to do is if you are sure they are picture files then right click them and try and open them with your picture viewing software.

EDIT: The above post beat me as I was typing.

managed it in nero but wouldn't work at first.

Thanks people,now i need to know how to copy to hard drive please.

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

Copying the dat files to the hard drive? Just select them and right click and copy, then open the folder you want to put them in and right click in a space and paste. Or just drag them and drop them where you want them.

This is doin my head in.

Managed to veiw the cd with nero show time,also managed to copy into my pictures ok.

Now i can't view the pictures seperatly with anything. help needed before i smash it. all i want do do is seperate some pics to send to relatives.

Thanks.

It keeps saying .

Classfactory cannot supply requested task.

Going back to your original post cherry t, what software did you use to save the pictures on to the CD in the first place?

Can you not use that software to restore those pictures?

This is what i can't understand cos i used nero.