SHOCK-praise to a first bus driver

I would like to pass on my grateful thanks to a first bus driver on the 47 route today. After being out all afternoon for a few beers, as you do, Me and mrs d were on our way to catch the bus home at approximately 17.45 hours. we were approaching the stop near what used to be Redgates. I ran to stop the bus as it was approaching and i made it to the stop but because my wife has mobility problems she was about 50 yards behind me. The driver stopped and waited for her and gave her time to sit before moving off. i know I have slated bus drivers in the past, but today I am happy to post a positive contribution and wish the guy who was driving the bus a really good new year.

There are still some good ones about, not many but a few, good stuff.

well they are ment to wait at bus stops lol

not many do though, fella

Half of them are that bored, they look at you in there mirror till your just about there then put there foot down.

It happened to us the other day.

well they are ment to wait at bus stops lol

Correction, meant to pick people up at bus stops!

If you cant be their when the bus is due then, wait for the next one we have timetables to adhere to.

We all know how much people moan about late buses, waiting for people who are making their way to bus stops make buses late, then get people writing on here moaning, then again dont wait and people writing on here moaning anyway so what to do! :roll:

Correction, meant to pick people up at bus stops!

If you cant be their when the bus is due then, wait for the next one we have timetables to adhere to.

We all know how much people moan about late buses, waiting for people who are making their way to bus stops make buses late, then get people writing on here moaning, then again dont wait and people writing on here moaning anyway so what to do! :roll:

I have called people who drive the peasant wagons, I know, but credit where credit is due, the bloke on my bus today was a top geezer. Its just a shame there ain't more like him

I have called people who drive the peasant wagons, I know, but credit where credit is due, the bloke on my bus today was a top geezer. Its just a shame there ain't more like him

theres plenty more like him, i guess you have never been on my bus. good on him for waiting but if a driver is running late it isn't always possible to wait

is there only us football lads on here

I would like to pass on my grateful thanks to a first bus driver on the 47 route today. After being out all afternoon for a few beers, as you do, Me and mrs d were on our way to catch the bus home at approximately 17.45 hours. we were approaching the stop near what used to be Redgates. I ran to stop the bus as it was approaching and i made it to the stop but because my wife has mobility problems she was about 50 yards behind me. The driver stopped and waited for her and gave her time to sit before moving off. i know I have slated bus drivers in the past, but today I am happy to post a positive contribution and wish the guy who was driving the bus a really good new year.

Is it because your a bus driver yourself?

I had a bus driver wait for me last night too and another bloke en route , thoguht it a bit odd :huh:

were they on time & a half last night?

Is it because your a bus driver yourself?

no i am not a bus driver, i couldnt work the hours they do. I used to do those sort of hours up till bout 6 years ago