Any ideas why my 18 month has started smacking me (his mum)

and also his grandma in the face but not his dad, sister or anyone else??

he has never been smacked, we do disapline by sayin no and moving him away from things we don,t want him to play with and he listens to me and my mom more than anyone else so we don,t know if hes testin us!??

any ideas and how do i stop it i tell him it hurts and mommy doesn,t like it he continues with a blank look on his face??

ideas greatly welcome!!

I wish I had answers for you but I don't.

All I can say is that all kids go through phases and as a friend of mine always says whilst teeth are gritted and counting to ten 'this too will pass'.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to teach him this is undesirable behaviour, so that's great but with his age it's difficult to do anything else to make it clear.

So, hang on in there, it will pass.

thanx sometimes you just feel like youve got it wrong and can,t see the wood for the trees

cheers

xxxx

and also his grandma in the face but not his dad, sister or anyone else??

he has never been smacked, we do disapline by sayin no and moving him away from things we don,t want him to play with and he listens to me and my mom more than anyone else so we don,t know if hes testin us!??

any ideas and how do i stop it i tell him it hurts and mommy doesn,t like it he continues with a blank look on his face??

ideas greatly welcome!!

Sounds to me like you have problems being assertive.

wouldn,t say that if you knew me!! lol but i will take it on board so what do i need to do that will help the situation???

wouldn,t say that if you knew me!! lol but i will take it on board so what do i need to do that will help the situation???

I didnt suggest a barage of temper i suggested being more assertive theres a big difference.

i think your wrong.its not about being assertive its finding something what a child can relate to.hes still a baby and testing water.saying what you have can make this lady feelmore isolated than she does.every child is different and you have to try and try to find right thing to do.i ve already privately pm d this lady and hopefully this will help with her situation.i am a mum of 4 and a nan of 2.i also work with teens in care so i ve just past on what i know and i ve done in my private life with my family.good luck silverlady

message to right

what do you mean by a barage of temper and where do you get this from?? i asked what to do to help the situation?

strange!

thanks for the replies and private messages, its true its testing times and i agree everyone wants their little prince or princess to turn out takin the right path!

i totally agree with andre6cam and the naughty step, trouble is we have stair gates all over the house!! but understand its about boundries and controlin the situation, correctly!!

fingers crossed!!!!

going to have a naughty corner and reward chart sooner than i thought i would have!

xxxx

I think it is a loving jesture from your child, they just don't know how to achieve this, so a smack in the face seems the easiest to them, when they do that give them a hug back to show them how to do it.

Aires thanx so much ive just been readin my toddlin to ten book by net mums and its exactly what it says!!

it states if a child still shows aggression at the age of 7 then its time to worry!!

its says what you say so we have been turnin it into a kiss and hug!!

thank you for takin the time to answer and offer me some help!!xxxxxxxxxxx