The Car Boot Megathread 2010 - please see first post for full list of CBs

Havent had chance to get in touch with either chaucer/hillsborough for the carboot tomorrow, was planning on doing the one at herdings park but has been cancelled.

Anyone know if there was space at either or have emails for people i could get in touch with?

Hillsborough details on #736 also this one on sunday

Ecclesfield Secondary School

Chapeltown Road

S35 9WD

Hard standing, Sellers at 8am buyers at 9am.

9:00am – 1:00pm

Please contact Chrissy on 07970 902 705 to book a place

Cars £6 Vans £8

If we have adverse weather we do have an indoor alternative.

Apologies for sounding like an idiot here, but I've just moved to Sheffield and have no idea where anything is...I also don't have a car, so I'm looking for a car boot sale/flea market type thing that is easy to get to from the city centre either by walking or by bus. Can anyone help? :blush:

If you arrive at 8am when its advertised for 9am for buyers what do you expect!!!

I have made enough explanations twice now so suggest you read previous 2 quotes.

It is a very hard balance to get cars arriving, on the field and set up for times given as they don't all arrive at once.

We do our best.

just on that thought I went down to Chaucer today, for their car boot. Gates opened at 7:30, buyers to be there from 9, as to give time for sellers to set up. There were buyers at 7:30 desperate to get in! I know car boots are good for snapping up a bargain, but 90 minutes before the time it states buyers are allowed in when there were only about 3 cars there at the time (although more cars did start arriving from 8am!) :huh:

Apologies for sounding like an idiot here, but I've just moved to Sheffield and have no idea where anything is...I also don't have a car, so I'm looking for a car boot sale/flea market type thing that is easy to get to from the city centre either by walking or by bus. Can anyone help? :blush:

If you're near to the tram at all, Tesco Infirmary Road do car boots, although I am not sure if they are doing anymore this year (They didn't have any more planned when I called them last week). The tram stops right outside it. I am sure the other car booters will advise you if there are any others that are easy to reach from the city centre.

Hi everyone

I've promised my mother in law I'd take her to a CB but as she's quite ill I think it's going to be a bit cold and wet for her tomorrow- does anyone know of any jumble sales next week that will be indoor that I can take her to instead?

Thanks

Hi everyone

I've promised my mother in law I'd take her to a CB but as she's quite ill I think it's going to be a bit cold and wet for her tomorrow- does anyone know of any jumble sales next week that will be indoor that I can take her to instead?

Thanks

I do not know of any jumble sales next week but ...

If it is cold and wet tomorrow we will be holding our CB indoors. It is at Ecclesfield Secondary School. Seller at 8, buyers from 9.

How can the Met Office get it soooooo wrong for the last Lady Manners? Hoping they have some inside space....

I do not know of any jumble sales next week but ...

If it is cold and wet tomorrow we will be holding our CB indoors. It is at Ecclesfield Secondary School. Seller at 8, buyers from 9.

This could be my Plan B now I'm outta the house with three small children

This could be my Plan B now I'm outta the house with three small children

Thats where I'm off to in a bit, its a shame paces doesn't move it inside too!

Honeyb see you there. We got drenched at Manners. Four cars in the p&£@ing rain. Felt so sorry for them I even bought things I didn't need!

Does anyone have a list of all local Car Boot sales, flea markets and Second Hand Markets. If not, post the ones you know about with details of locations and day that they're open, so this thread can be a directory.

Thanks

Does anyone have a list of all local Car Boot sales, flea markets and Second Hand Markets. If not, post the ones you know about with details of locations and day that they're open, so this thread can be a directory.

Thanks

See the very first page of this thread!:rant::)

Jim