The Car Boot Megathread 2010 - please see first post for full list of CBs

Anybody know if there is a Saturday or Sunday indoor car boot sale during February/March?

Is there a date when Marsh Lane or Oldcotes start again???

or is it a case of just turn up???

i think the grenoside one starts in april but dont quote me ,keep a look out on the window they have a great big poster weeks in advance

Most of the seasonal car boots, especially those on grass are usually closed now until Spring. You could try calling some of the numbers on the first post for a date but someone will usually post a start date for them before they actually restart. I expect it will be March or April.

According to this link http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/worksop/events/183982/car-boot-sale-near-worksop Oldcots is on "every Sunday". Can't confirm as I've never been.

Edited by RozeePozee

Hi all, not sure if I should post this here?, this Sunday 24th Jan, there is an INDOOR car boot starting at Ripley. It is at the old Co-op building in the centre of Ripley, you can't miss it, there are 17 foot flouresent banners advertising it on the outside of the building!, whose actual address is 3-5 Nottingham Road, Ripley. It's a 20 minute run from Sheffield, off M1 at junction 28, the 4 miles down A38.

As its the opening day all stalls are free to stand but must be pre-booked, there is disabled tolilets, disabled lift to upper floor, onsite cafe/snack bar, carpeted selling areas and car parks nearby.

To book please call 07847 490951

More info at indoorcarbootmarket dot co dot uk website

Sorry don't have enough posts to put link in!

Went to Chesterfield town centre this morning. It was a bit pants. Seemed like lots of dealers selling the dregs of their stock. Don't think I'll bother to venture out again til well into the new season - it's not worth the petrol.

And how can Chesterfield justify charging £1.30 for two hours parking on a Sunday? They even charge disabled badge holders 70p. It's hardly an incentive to go there - even Sheffield City Centre only costs 20p per hour in some spaces.

Went to Chesterfield town centre this morning. It was a bit pants. Seemed like lots of dealers selling the dregs of their stock. Don't think I'll bother to venture out again til well into the new season - it's not worth the petrol.

And how can Chesterfield justify charging £1.30 for two hours parking on a Sunday? They even charge disabled badge holders 70p. It's hardly an incentive to go there - even Sheffield City Centre only costs 20p per hour in some spaces.

I stopped going to the Chesterfield car boot when they started charging for parking in the multi-storey on Sunday; then it was a pound so already a 30% increase then I see.

did anyone go to the indoor one on sunday was it any good

I was wondering about the Ripley one too. Just spoke to the very nice man who is organizing it. It's going to be regular all year round if it goes to plan and he says there are no dealers (at the moment ;)) just genuine car booters. I've added it to the regular list.

Some feedback on it would be great. I'm pregnant with twins and am reluctant to cart my 3 year old and my huge self out to Ripley on a Sunday morning unless I know it's worth it! How long does it take to get to Ripley from Sheffield? I'm in Hunters Bar and looking at the map, it looks a bit more than a 20 min drive.

Edited by RozeePozee

I stopped going to the Chesterfield car boot when they started charging for parking in the multi-storey on Sunday; then it was a pound so already a 30% increase then I see.
There are a few spaces on scrubland round the back of the ring road and I parked there, but what was on offer was of such poor quality, more than free parking would be needed to tempt me back.