The Car Boot Megathread 2010 - please see first post for full list of CBs

would the two men at hope carboot sunday 16th of may, who sold me the tent please get in contact with me.

Edited by autum1

Please do not publish registration details as this is against forum rules. thanks.

Hi Everyone

Hope I'm posting in the right place. Me and my friend are doing a car boot next Sunday and i'm taking all my little girls clothes- they're mainly Next, Gap etc in excellent cond. Not entirely sure how best to price them- was thinking 50p - £1 (for coats and dresses etc) is this reasonable?

Thanks

Best bet to get to your chosen Carboot, and have a walk round and see what the going rate is for comparable clothes, that way you will neither over or under price.

Last week my husband passed away unexpectedly, and besides being heart broken, I am worried that I might have to give up my business, which currently is my only income, as I don't drive.

Maybe we could have a car booters club on here where we car pool to go to boot sales etc? Any other ideas?

Very sorry to hear this Henny. It might help if you gave a rough idea of where you lived. I don't go every week due to work commitments, but if I can help I would.

Jim

Hi Everyone

Hope I'm posting in the right place. Me and my friend are doing a car boot next Sunday and i'm taking all my little girls clothes- they're mainly Next, Gap etc in excellent cond. Not entirely sure how best to price them- was thinking 50p - £1 (for coats and dresses etc) is this reasonable?

Thanks

yes thats good js we did one at twinoaks and took 35.00 just with the clothes

Hi there

Unfortunately the CHILYPEP Car Boot Sale that was to be held on the 22 May at Remington Youth and Community Centre in Parson Cross has had to be cancelled.

Please watch this space for more information on a possible new date!

Thanks

How do people who don't have cars manage if they are addicted to car booting?

I have gone to a boot sale almost every week for the last 25 years, and I run my small antiques unit by buying items from boot sales. It doesn't make much, and probably only pays me 20p per hour by the time I have done, but I have always enjoyed it.

Last week my husband passed away unexpectedly, and besides being heart broken, I am worried that I might have to give up my business, which currently is my only income, as I don't drive.

Maybe we could have a car booters club on here where we car pool to go to boot sales etc? Any other ideas?

Henny, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Where are you based? If nearby, I could possibly give you a lift sometimes. It's a bit hectic at the moment as I'm getting used to getting 3 kids out of the house instead of just one and if OH is driving, there's no room for an extra passenger. Also, can't drive til my caesarean scar's healed, but maybe later in the season?

Anyone know when the next Paces or Grenoside one is on?

Cheers

Jim

Next Paces one is Sunday 6th June :)

Next Paces one is Sunday 6th June :)

Cheers

Jim

Hello

I have never been to a car boot around sheffield. Which one would people recommend that is quite good.

Thank you

Can anyone tell me what Hillsborough was like on Sunday? Thanks