The little tuck shop, ranmoor 1953

Does anyone remember The Little Tuck Shop? It was a tiny half-shop that stood just by the Ranmoor Inn in Fulwood Road. If you went to Notre Dame School it was right by your bus stop! I remember the sign, painted on a nearby section of wall. It said "Our aim is to pleased you." Bottom left was a picture of a schoolboy with a pea-shooter and top right was a Mr Quelch type schoolmaster being hit by the pea. The shopkeeper was a cheery little dark haired lady who knew us all by name.

I lived in the Ranmoor/Crosspool border and used to get the no. 60 bus into town from the stop outside the Ranmoor Inn. I have absolutely no recollection of the shop-I'm talking early 60s. However I mentioned it to my dad who is 90 and still has all his marbles-he remembers it-unbelievable! He reckons it was just by the old yard where the horses used to be kept. He even described the sign.

When next in Sheffield I'll pay it a visit-the pub that is. Any good?

Really good to hear of someone else who remembered it. I remember the shop was by a brick arch and this must have been the entrance to the stable yard of the Ranmoor Inn. Couldn't tell you much more about the Ranmoor Inn itself except the landlord had the surname Garside.