My first book is published!

Hi,

for the last few years I have spent much of my spare time hiding in our back room on the computer, and am chuffed to be able to say that my first book – Choose Life - is now available.

Choose Life is a self help book which looks at personal growth and development in the context of a busy 21st Century lifestyle. It is an exceptionally honest book which doesn't read at all like the typical "ten easy steps to enlightenment" or "30 days to a higher consciousness" books that are typical of the genre. Instead it takes a no nonsense approach to dealing with stress and anxiety, and moving towards living the life that you want to live.

This book was originally self-published, however it has now been taken on by a Publisher, and the e-book is available to download now from their website:

http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1464

Clinking on the link and then scrolling down the page will bring you to an extract from the first chapter.

BAFTA winning screenwriter and best selling author Geoff Thompson (http://www.geoffthompson.com) gave Choose Life the following review:

"I love this book, the author really knows his stuff, his voice is strong and his message profound. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to change their life."

Other reviews include the following:

“Why have I allowed stress to dominate my life for so many years? The book gave me ideas for an escape route. Knowing this guy has also been there gave me the confidence to start the long journey.”

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read such a refreshing, honest and direct narrative about finding a way forward in life. I think your book should be a recommended text book for people who have lost their way or have a head full of fog and scribble."

For those of you who prefer a book they can hold in their hands (and fold the corners of the pages), the paperback is scheduled for publishing around April/May 2010 - I will post again when it is available.

The primary purpose of writing Choose Life was always to help people who are struggling with their own lives, who feel dissatisfied with the day-to-day grind and find themselves thinking surely there must be more than this? If you have any friends, family or colleagues who might be interested, I would be grateful if you would forward the link to them.

Cheers

Paul

Well done. Just out of interest, how old are you, how many children have you raised, how many third World countries have you visited, how many War zones have you visited, and what qualifies you to give advice on matters of human stress in all its forms?

A loud voice? Experience in all aspects of life? A degree?

Is that copy excerpt direct from the book as it could do with a serious edit?

Is that copy excerpt direct from the book as it could do with a serious edit?

Now we're talking.

Congratulations Paul. Why should the same authors keep making a packet out of Self Help books.? we need some new authors like yourself. I shall have a look at it.:)

Congratulations...Good Luck with the book.

Thanks for the replies and good wishes.

Who am I to offer advice, what are my qualifications etc etc?

I am simply someone who has been through some difficult situations in life, and found myself stumbling across a few truths along the way. Writing was initially an exercise in DIY therapy, however it soon changed in that I wanted to reach out to other people who might be in the same (or worse) situations.

Will it suit everyone? I'm sure it won't.

Will people want to shoot me down for daring to suggest I might have something worth sharing? Inevitably, although the truths I mention aren't some new fad in 'self-help' and have been around in different ways over centuries.

The purpose is just this - to help other people to help themselves.

Cheers

Paul

Well done. Just out of interest, how old are you, how many children have you raised, how many third World countries have you visited, how many War zones have you visited, and what qualifies you to give advice on matters of human stress in all its forms?

A loud voice? Experience in all aspects of life? A degree?

How very very very rude! :D:D:D

How very very very rude! :D:D:D

Why are you laughing then ? :rolleyes:

Why are you laughing then ? :rolleyes:

Because irony is a high form of wit. :roll:

Thanks for the replies and good wishes.

Who am I to offer advice, what are my qualifications etc etc?

I am simply someone who has been through some difficult situations in life, and found myself stumbling across a few truths along the way. Writing was initially an exercise in DIY therapy, however it soon changed in that I wanted to reach out to other people who might be in the same (or worse) situations.

Will it suit everyone? I'm sure it won't.

Will people want to shoot me down for daring to suggest I might have something worth sharing? Inevitably, although the truths I mention aren't some new fad in 'self-help' and have been around in different ways over centuries.

The purpose is just this - to help other people to help themselves.

Cheers

Paul

Joking appart, i'm sure it's a great book Paul.

Good luck with it and I wish you a prosperous New Year.

viney.:)