Do you remember the fletchers bread van?

So who is old enough to remember the fletcher's bread van that used to come round ???

Me,I used to help him when I was a kid deliverying up Ecco,used to be stuffing my face with custards whilst he was deliverying to certain houses,god he was ages in some,wonder what he was doing:huh:

I do,I have a photo somewhere of one hanging over a garden wall in Storrs.

Flechers custards mmmmmm,best in Sheffield. Do you remember that silly ryme about Flechers bread?I cant recall it now, I think Sunblest started it, there were NOWT wrong with Flechers bread,I could just eat a fried egg between two slices.

Hows this for a memory jogger,WONDERLOAF vans

Edited by skippy_54

Oh - elephant's feet buns, they were scrumptious! They also used to sell them at Fletcher's shop in Middlewood Road.:)

What were those buns called that were puff pastry filled with apple and cream and covered with sugar?

Apple turnovers,vanilla slices my favourites

I think once you start buying Fletchers bread, you just don't care anymore! The reason it lasts so long is the high fat content.

yes i remember it quite clearly always used to come round every weekend when i was little, when i used to stop at my nans she always let me choose some buns which was great.

I do,I have a photo somewhere of one hanging over a garden wall in Storrs.

Yeah, I've got a photo of one too; it's a bit less dramatic than yours though!

PICTURE of Fletchers Van.

Do you remember that silly rhyme about Flechers bread? I cant recall it now, I think Sunblest started it…

I think it went something like "Fletchers bread, tastes like lead! When you eat it you drop dead!"

Incidentally there's already another thread about Fletchers vans.

those vans are y as a kid from hillsborough, i liked to visit mi groms on the cross.... just to get one of those... elephant feet buns :D :D :D:hihi: :hihi:

i remember when the van used to pull up outside our house on yew lane and mi' mother would treat me to a bilberry tart (them little 'uns in tinfoil) or a doughnut ,and also fletchers wheaten brown loaves ( bloody lovely !!!!! )