Iran still discriminating against women

Some people are so predictable, I just how you would be posting on this forum today if Saddam was alive and still commiting his attrocities.

No doubt your twisted mind would conjure up some way of blaming the West.

Wildcat is defo not a one man show, he/she is far too prolific a linker to mostly left leaning sites and wiki articles to try to substantiate his/her leftist diatribe. I'd say he/she is part of a network of paid, full time Labour/trade union/SWP/UAF keyboard warriors.

Just look back through his/her posting history - at the times of day that he/she posts throughout an entire week/month, i fail to see how any one could hold down a 'normal' job and live a normal life.

Wildcat is defo not a one man show, he/she is far too prolific a linker to mostly left leaning sites and wiki articles to try to substantiate his/her leftist diatribe. I'd say he/she is part of a network of paid, full time Labour/trade union/SWP/UAF keyboard warriors.

Just look back through his/her posting history - at the times of day that he/she posts throughout an entire week/month, i fail to see how any one could hold down a 'normal' job and live a normal life.

..not many work at the coal face in south yorks anymore, many of us have graduated to chalk & a piece of slate and the really bright ones have unfettered access to second hand Sinclair ZX Spectrums and dial up modems as a perk of their employment ;)

Perhaps to cover up US complicity in his attrocities

as usual Wildcat can never resist banging the tedious anti-American drum. I assume the 'atrocities' he is alluding to are Saddam becoming only the second dictator in recent times to deploy chemical weapons. The other one was also an Arab, Egypt's Nasser, who unlike Saddam, used them against his fellow Arabs rather than Kurds and Iranians, in Yemen in the 1960s.

the vast majority of the weapons used to suppress Iraqis and keep Saddam's dictatorship in power, were supplied by the Soviet Union, Saddam's main backer, plus the Chinese and French.

The massive armoury used in the 1981-88 Iran war, and what the coalition faced in the 1991 Gulf War included hardly any American weapons. The tanks and artillery were nearly all Russian and Chinese. The planes, which ended up in Iran a couple of weeks into the air campaign during the Gulf War, were a mixture of French and Russian. The small arms, mostly Russian.

Sixty US helicopters given after the US finally resumed diplomatic relations with Iraq in 1983 after a 16 year break, that were designed for crop spraying but were later refitted by Saddam, some of them MAY have been used at the Hallabja poison gas attack. But they weren't supplied by the US as offensive weapons.

As for the chemical weapons themselves, the largest suppliers to Iraq of the precursors for chemical weapons production were Singapore, the Netherlands, Egypt, India, and West Germany.

the supplier that can be 'blamed' the most for Hallabja or Saddam's gassing of Iranian soldiers in the Iran-Iraq war is basically West Germany. Historically, the Germans have been the uncontested masters in the discovery, production, and development of lethal poison gases used in warfare, such as mustard gas, which was discovered by German scientists and was first used in WW1. Sarin is also a German invention.

you might say that Iraq's chemical weapons program was basically built with German brains and Iraqi oil money. Some even say The Iraqi people have every right to prepare an indictment against the German government and its companies for directly assisting the dictatorial regime in killing Iraqis using this terrible means.

but of course none of the anti-war crowd ever sought to blame Germany for assisting the Iraqis chemical weapons programme to such a great extent in the 1980s, but tried to pin everything on the US and the UK instead - because, of course, twenty years later, the German government were one of Europe's main opponents of the 2003 invasion.

All very well but we already know about US exports of Anthrax and other pathogens during the same period from evidence given by the U.S. Department of Commerce in the Riegel report. What don't we know about?

U.N. inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs. ... The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_war#Chemical_and_Biological_exports

Full list of biological agents exported by the US:

http://www.gulfweb.org/bigdoc/report/r_1_2.html#exports

My question remains, why was Rumsfeld and gang allowing the export of this stuff to Iraq, if not so it would be used? Is that not condoning the offence? Certainly my suspicions are that the Saddam trial was conducted in a Kangaroo court to keep dodgy dealing we don't know about hidden.

An Iranian diplomat in Oslo has resigned in protest at his government's crackdown on opposition supporters, Norwegian media have reported. Norway's NRK TV quotes Iranian consul Mohammed Reza Heydari as saying the treatment of protesters last month made him realise he "couldn't continue"."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8443591.stm

I wonder how the Iranian government will spin this one in their eternal quest to try to blame Americans for everything. like Wildcat?

Good on him, for quitting.

If you want some spin then I will go back to a point I have made previously, if the US had been more diplomatic with Khatami, and had greated his election with a bit more diplomacy than branding the moderate a part of the axis of evil, Iran wouldn't have elected the reactionary Ahmadinejad. Unfortunately common sense under George Bush and tact and diplomacy were not his strong points and he set back the cause of reform in Iran by his actions and inaction.

I am flattered, you think I am a collective and paid for my posts. I am however on leave at the moment, hence the times of posting. I like everyone else just make my contributions on the topics I am interested in.

..not many work at the coal face in south yorks anymore, many of us have graduated to chalk & a piece of slate and the really bright ones have unfettered access to second hand Sinclair ZX Spectrums and dial up modems as a perk of their employment ;)

I can even use my mobile phone to post on the forum :)

Edited by Wildcat

Certainly my suspicions are that the Saddam trial was conducted in a Kangaroo court to keep dodgy dealing we don't know about hidden.

A Kangaroo court is where justice is not seen to be done, therefore you obviouisly think that Saddam was an innocent man.

Justice was seen to be done as it was at the Munich Nazi trials, although by your definition they were also Kangaroo courts.

The trouble that I've seen in this short time is that there is an element of anti west in your views which impairs your judgement.

I am flattered, you think I am a collective and paid for my posts. I am however on leave at the moment, hence the times of posting. I like everyone else just make my contributions on the topics I am interested in.

I can even use my mobile phone to post on the forum :)

04:00am :o your dedicated i'l give you that :roll:

A Kangaroo court is where justice is not seen to be done, therefore you obviouisly think that Saddam was an innocent man.

Justice was seen to be done as it was at the Munich Nazi trials, although by your definition they were also Kangaroo courts.

The trouble that I've seen in this short time is that there is an element of anti west in your views which impairs your judgement.

Do you mean the Nuremborg trials?

If so there is no comparison with the way the Iraqi Special Tribunals were conducted. At Nuremborg the standards of justice were meticulous in allowing the defence to have their say. Something that cannot be said in Iraq and why Kofi Annan never gave UN approval for them and why the U.N. Working Group on Arbitrary Detention condemned it, as did Amnesty international.

Saying that the trial was a Kangaroo Court says nothing about whether I think Saddam was guilty or not, it is a comment on the fairness of the trial. I am pro-west enough to believe in our values of justice.

He has a share in Wikki so he has to keep the "clicks" going :D

no doubt putting loads of wiki stuff in his bookmarks for later use

wildcat for once it would be nice to see a post from you with your own opinions instead of links to wiki to make your point ;)

no doubt putting loads of wiki stuff in his bookmarks for later use

wildcat for once it would be nice to see a post from you with your own opinions instead of links to wiki to make your point ;)

He cant...full stop

. I am pro-west enough to believe in our values of justice.

As opposed to.......go on say it. ;)