Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Sheffield in the next 6 months (and Hi to you all)

Hi,

I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself to the group.

I'm Joe, from Norwich, and will be moving to Sheffield within the next six months, I hope! I'm also quite young - just a year under 20!

Sheffield strikes me as a friendly city, with a lot of exciting cities on its doorstep too. The general attitude of people is considerably preferable to my current locality.

Currently I am self employed, which means I work from 8am through 11pm all seven days of the week... while some people can handle this, I can't. I'm 19, and want to start enjoying life a little more... not having to work so hard.

It's time for some change. I plan to keep parts of Triffik Limited, outsource others, and sell the remainder. It's time to have some fun, instead....! I can worry about being self employed when I'm 35!

Anyway, I visit Sheffield every 6 to 8 weeks or so, and love the place.

So wish me luck job hunting :-)

<phew, introduction over>

Welcome to the forum and good luck for your future in Sheffield - don't work too hard - I'm off out for a few jars !!

Hi Triffic,

Welcome to sheffield, depends how much money you have, where you can live, but if you can afford it the south side of the city is very good.

Ecclesall, Dore, Totley, nicer areas, quieter, less crime, better class of people but more expensive, you pays your money and you takes your choice. Best wishes for your future. :lol::o:D

halevan!!!

What DO you mean "better class of people" who do you think you are to judge any one just because they don't have a lot of money or can't afford to buy their own house?? Jesus H tap dancin' Christ! do you mean to tell us all that you judge people by what they have. Quickly, get me oxygen, I cannot get my @+_*:< breath, how dare you!!! There must be a word or two to describe that sort of attitude, but I'll make do with unbelieveable!!!

Ha! A better class of people! I suspect we ALL think we belong in that group :)

Welcome Triffik! I'm sure if you visit Sheffield regularly you'll already have a sense of what parts of the city you like... I'm sure you'll be happy here in this fab city.

By better class of people I was referring to people who live clean and decent not that they are better than anyone else, but obviously anyone moving to this city dont want to live near drunks, druggies, and filth. And you know as well as I that you get these kind anywhere, but there are more of them in some areas. Not to mention thugs and yobos. In the words of the prophet, if the cap fits wear it! :(

heh... well no intention of living next to drunks and yobos and stuff... ah the advantages of rented accomodation - i can always move ;-)

well i quite like the whole area from ecclesall road round to ranmoor round to crookes... it seems nice and relaxed enough for me, and near enough to the city in the case of ranmoor. :-)

i move to leicester on monday 10th, but am still looking for employment in sheffield... so we'll see what happens. after all, it's only a short commute away!