Mobile signal help

I live in a hilly area where all mobile network sigals are very poor and I cannot get a signal inside my house.

However, if I place the mobile at the top of the house next to the window I can get up to 3 bars and can even hold a conversation if I hold my head to the window - Not very practical (and my head gets cold).

I work from home and clients often phone my mobile No.

I have partly got around the problem by placing the phone "in it's position" and call forwarding all incoming calls to my landline. However, I often phone clients on their mobiles which gets very expensive on my landline and can't use up my free minutes on the mobile.

I have found a company that that sells GSM booster kits (mobile repeaters) but they cost £200! - which I think is a bit over the top.

I am with BT Anywhere (one year left on the contract) using a HTC S620 phone which uses GSM 850 GSM 900 and GSM 1800

Has anyone got a booster that they no longer want and wish to sell, or can anyone tell me where to go to get one without forking out so much.Or has anyone got any other ideas?

Another option would be to look at buying a Skype package and make calls from your PC?

I don't know what the costs are but you can make calls to mobiles using Skype.

Hope it is of some help!

Best regards,

swarfendor43

I live in a hilly area where all mobile network sigals are very poor and I cannot get a signal inside my house.

However, if I place the mobile at the top of the house next to the window I can get up to 3 bars and can even hold a conversation if I hold my head to the window - Not very practical (and my head gets cold).

I work from home and clients often phone my mobile No.

I have partly got around the problem by placing the phone "in it's position" and call forwarding all incoming calls to my landline. However, I often phone clients on their mobiles which gets very expensive on my landline and can't use up my free minutes on the mobile.

I have found a company that that sells GSM booster kits (mobile repeaters) but they cost £200! - which I think is a bit over the top.

I am with BT Anywhere (one year left on the contract) using a HTC S620 phone which uses GSM 850 GSM 900 and GSM 1800

Has anyone got a booster that they no longer want and wish to sell, or can anyone tell me where to go to get one without forking out so much.Or has anyone got any other ideas?

BT Mobile is a "virtual" network, which means it has no masts of its own and piggybacks on another providers masts. With BT they use Vodafones masts. The downside of this is that Vodafone users get bandwidth preference over BT customers, which can affect signal quality. Do you know anyone on vodaphone? What is their signal like in your house?

Are you on a business contract with BT? If so then get in contact with them and see if they offer any solutions. They may offer to exchange the handset for a different model as some get better signal than others.