Repeat repeat and repeat: TV programme repeats

Can anyone remember the Christmas Specials ? (Even though they were filmed in August):rolleyes:

I'm annoyed they have the cheek to literally repeat something that has been on the day before and in the same time slot :rant: Show us something new!!!!!!!

I'm annoyed they have the cheek to literally repeat something that has been on the day before and in the same time slot :rant: Show us something new!!!!!!!

Too right. And the blinking films - Big Christmas Day Film - Speed or Speed II or whatever, absolute garbage the first time round, never mind the umpteenth!

Too right. And the blinking films - Big Christmas Day Film - Speed or Speed II or whatever, absolute garbage the first time round, never mind the umpteenth!

Haha very true

Wonder what we have to look forward to for new year

Actually..... I'd rather not know. I may erupt!

Regarding the licence fee and repeats, the actual cost per day (2009 prices) is just £0.39 which is the same as a first class stamp (2009 prices). Bearing in mind this covers the whole of the BBC output i.e analogue and digital tv channels and radio stations so you get a lot more for your money than you do with a first class stamp.

I got my £0.39's worth last night with the 1985 xmas special of Terry and June on BBC2.

Sh2006.

I can well remember people complaining about the rubbish on TV during the so called "golden age" of the 70's.

Although more effort seemed to be put in for the likes of Morecambe & Wise and The Two Ronnies there was just as much dross.

The problem nowadays is the channels are littered with the same ideas done with moribund repetition, the saturation of soaps and "celeb" programmes.

It is difficult to put on a "big" film as most have been seen on DVD, in the 70's it was the first time some of the blockbusters had been widely available so it was an event.

I would prefer to watch a good DVD, at least its my choice.

The problem nowadays is the channels are littered with the same banal acts of moribund repetition,.

More like it? ;):D

Last night ITV showed The Time Machine,2 months after it had been on-on ITV.Twice in 2 months is taking the ****-and it was garbage.:rant: