New Driver Car Insurance - Help!

They have both sinced changed insurance companies and the accelerators were recognised by the new insurance companies as a years no claims.

When we put our girls details in we tried with both pass plus and not pass plus and it only made £50 difference to the insurance with pass plus and I believe pass plus is £150 to do?

For an 18 year old I would imagine there is already a ridicules compulsory excess.

Agreed, though I meant the voluntary excess.

If you could be an additional driver on say your parents policy :roll: then if you went with admiral you would get a no claims bonus whilst on their policy as an additional driver. Bit of a bugger for both of you though if you make a claim. Could be cheaper to pay out of your own pocket in the long run if the claim isn't too bad. Pass plus will help with some companies.

Micra's and fiesta's unless they are the latest model isn't necessary group 1 or 2. £800 for an 18 year old isn't that bad either. I got a quote for a 1 year old fiesta zetec group 4 for me and the wife. My policy with no previous n.c.b, clean record etc, £390 fully comp. To put my 24 year old son who has just passed his test, it went up to £3200! The older model fiesta zetec was group 5 so would have cost more.

Good luck!

Edited by mywufwuf
Ommitted the group number 4

If you could be an additional driver on say your parents policy :roll: then if you went with admiral you would get a no claims bonus whilst on their policy as an additional driver. Bit of a bugger for both of you though if you make a claim. Could be cheaper to pay out of your own pocket in the long run if the claim isn't too bad. Pass plus will help with some companies.

Micra's and fiesta's unless they are the latest model isn't necessary group 1 or 2. £800 for an 18 year old isn't that bad either. I got a quote for a 1 year old fiesta zetec group 4 for me and the wife. My policy with no previous n.c.b, clean record etc, £390 fully comp. To put my 24 year old son who has just passed his test, it went up to £3200! The older model fiesta zetec was group 5 so would have cost more.

Good luck!

Hi All

I would strongly not recommend going on your parents insurance, insurance companies being what they are, are wise to the practice and alot of young drivers that are doing this are finding out when it matters they are not insured.