Self employed in Sheffield? Did you have any work to go back to today?

I agree Viney,

But at least its a good start to a new year and the more business that takes place, the best chance we have of salvaging the economy.

I think its because everyone was scared about the recesion and people have been holding back on spending money just incase companys they work for made them redundant ect .But now time has gone on i think alot more people feel safer in there jobs , so they are spending on home improvment ect .

Mmmm! It's a nice thought, hope you are right.

I think there might be a lot of disappointed trades come mid January.

I agree Viney,

But at least its a good start to a new year and the more business that takes place, the best chance we have of salvaging the economy.

That is very true.

Lets see how things unfold, and keep comparing notes on this thread. Good luck with your business B D. :thumbsup:

It's the first time ever i've had to work over the Christmas break.:D

After a dreadfull year let's hope that the recession is near the end and we all start getting busy again.

It's the first time ever i've had to work over the Christmas break.:D

After a dreadfull year let's hope that the recession is near the end and we all start getting busy again.

Lets hope so Mayfield.

Did you have to work over the Christmas period to earn your corn, or because you are stacked up?

(Bloody spark's) Just kiddin'. ;)

Hi Viney, partly because other trades finished before Xmas and customers wanting to open in the new year and partly because new customers required work doing urgently.

It's usually a good sign when the construction industry picks up. Let's hope it carries on