The Fat Cat - No Singing Allowed !!

I was in the Fat Cat on Sunday night, and the behaviour of the small barman was quite laughable. The pub is not in the same league as the Kelham and Milestone etc, and if it can afford to turn away 15 lads(and everyone else we will tell about this), who I guarantee will never drink in that pub again, then business must be better than I thought.

We got told to f**k off. No problem, we did, and won't come back, preferring to spend good money at better establishments. Good luck with the recession though Fat Cat, because when we left there was no one else in the place. A combination of a poor smell, shambolic customer service and a barman with littleman syndrome.

Merry Christmas, but not at the Flat Cat.

Fat Cat is an overrated pokey pub. Best avoided if there are more than 2 of you at once.

Agreed its well overated.

I've always been a bit of a complainer. If I'm paying for something, I expect to get what I've ordered, not some sub-standard crap. If more people complained - in a civilised fashion, of course, not having temper tantrums and being abusive - then we'd all get better service.

In this country, I think we're all far too inclined to mumble into our beards and complain to each other, rather than having a word with the people providing the poor service/product.

I have around three pub lunches a week, and I cannot ABIDE the waitress collecting the pots from the table afterwards and saying sweetly " Was everything alright" !! If it wasnt I say so !! I say " Actually love, no it wasnt !!" "Oh, dear " she says , what was the matter.?" When I tell her the food was crap, she says she will tell the cook (but we know they never do !!) :rant::rant:

Not only were some of the 15 lads CAMRA members there were some members of the newly formed Brotherhood of Real Ale. An up and coming group of likeminded people who appreciate a nice pint in a friendly pub. the Flat Cat as Hoddock called it could catch on.

Edited by valleytyke

Overated, yes I agree, the carpet smells of sick too! Staff are surly too!

Do you mind its not sick its cat pee:hihi:

i'm a CAMRA member. and what?

last night i was drinking bottled lagers and being rowdy in a pub.

'Flat Cat' ... ha, ha!!! Right on though valleytyke!

So the general concensus, so far appears to be:

1. The fat Cat is a real ale pub.

2. The staff are real people i.e. they can be are rude sometimes.

3. The place could do with a refurbish, just because it has real ale; real

customers do not want really dirty smelly carpets.

I go there about 3 times a year; we usually have one drink then move on to

another real ale pub.

I suppose if the staff do not want singing there, they could regulate it in a friendlier manner.

Telling customers to shut up or F**K off is not conducive to good customer relations.

In fact because of the publicity on this forum it is possible that some clowns would go there specifically to 'sing' just to get a reaction from staff.

So the general concensus, so far appears to be:

1. The fat Cat is a real ale pub.

2. The staff are real people i.e. they can be are rude sometimes.

3. The place could do with a refurbish, just because it has real ale; real

customers do not want really dirty smelly carpets.

I go there about 3 times a year; we usually have one drink then move on to

another real ale pub.

I suppose if the staff do not want singing there, they could regulate it in a friendlier manner.

Telling customers to shut up or F**K off is not conducive to good customer relations.

In fact because of the publicity on this forum it is possible that some clowns would go there specifically to 'sing' just to get a reaction from staff.

Nevertheless the staff have every right to eject people who are acting like idiots and annoying the other customers. If a bunch of drunken hooligans started yelling and singing while I was trying to enjoy a quiet pint, I'd tell them to eff off!

Nevertheless the staff have every right to eject people who are acting like idiots and annoying the other customers. If a bunch of drunken hooligans started yelling and singing while I was trying to enjoy a quiet pint, I'd tell them to eff off!

I understand your point.

I would not like to be out for a drink, then have to put up with a load of people who are acting like idiots and annoying the other customers. If a bunch of drunken hooligans started yelling and singing

Sensible bar staff should stop 'drunks' before they get out of hand.

Inciting a bunch of 15 drunks by telling them to F**k off does not seem sensible to me.

These 'drunks' however do not seem to have been that bad, as they did not cause any trouble after one small guy was rude to them.

From what has been related on here, they were not annoying other customers as they were the only customers present.

That is unless their 'singing' had driven others away, in which case I take it all back.

Where is the drunken bit come from, a bit of an assumption dont you think. It was 6pm on Christmas sunday in a pub. Oh yes I see your point. However, as I was in the pub at the time, they seemed a very decent bunch of lads who when abused and the F word was used they drank up and left. They even took their glasses back. I heard one of them say there was a new beer appreciation society http://www.brotherhoodofrealale.co.uk but I cant get on the website, They refer to themselves as the "BRA" sounds good i may join.

Edited by valleytyke