The Fat Cat - No Singing Allowed !!

A group of about 15 of us were on a Real Ale Tour yesterday (Sun 27th) and part of it took in The Fat Cat.

We went in the upstairs room where there was a group and a coule had guitars, so we proceeded to have a bit of a sing song - nothing too raucous, just White Christmas, Let It Snow, Fairytale of New York etc.

All were having a good time when the guy from behind the bar came up, turned the lights off then back on again and said .....

...... "there have been complaints from the people downstairs, and you have 2 options, either be quiet or <removed> Off".

Fair to say we <removed> off !! Obviously the people in The Fat Cat are that far up there own arses which is why the Kelham Island and Harlequib are far superior. Who the hell do they think they are in there ???

Finally singing Christmas Songs at Christmas ....... how dare we !!! :confused:

Edited by Hecate
masked swearing.

The Fat Cat is a small pub, the distance from the doorway of the upstairs room down to the bar is very short and the staircase is open. It's a popular place to chat, eat and relax, please try to be more considerate in future.

I can see both sides of the argument. Though you shouldn't have been sworn at, that's not professional at all. The guys probably just snapped with stress over the holiday period.

I can see how it might be annoying to have to listen to somebodies incoherent singing

I too was in the cat upstairs, the atmosphere was great after all it is Christmas. I could not believe the way we were spoken to. I am sure our next tour we will give the fat cat a miss.

PS anyone know why the Harlequin was closed?

PS anyone know why the Harlequin was closed?

Probably heard that singers were on the way.

I'm not at all surprised - the Fat Cat is a dreadful place that is run and frequented by self important, ignorant morons with delusions of how fabulous their second rate alehouse is.

Still, you were probably getting on their nerves.

I'm not at all surprised - the Fat Cat is a dreadful place that is run and frequented by self important, ignorant morons with delusions of how fabulous their second rate alehouse is.

Still, you were probably getting on their nerves.

We went there after a fabulous write up in The Star. We did however have to wait a very long time for our meal, and then it wasnt up to much. Very expensive as well by the way.!!:mad:

Well done the Fat Cat - it's a pity more bars don't take a stand like this

Don't want to listen to your caterwauling

If I did, I would go down the Mulberry's Karaoke Night