Shamblers Walk - 3rd January 2010- Froggatt Edge CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW

Sheffield Forum Shamblers

Walk: Froggatt Edge

Date: Sunday 3rd January 2010

Start time: 10.40am

Meeting point: Grindleford Train Station

Approx distance: 6 miles

Approx duration: 3.5 hours

Route: A circular walk starting and finishing at Grindleford Train Station, taking us into Grindleford and along and upto Froggatt Edge then back via Nether Padley to Grindleford Station

Terrain: A challenging walk,good clear paths, riverside and woodland paths.Steep rocky climb to Froggatt Edge.

Parking: Grindleford Train Station

Refreshments: Grindleford Station Cafe, The Chequers Inn , Froggatt Edge, Maynard Arms

Toilets: Grindleford Station Cafe, also pubs.

Public transport: 215 bus leaves Hillsborough Interchange at 09:55am arriving The Maynard Arms (opposite the Station) at 10:21am, return buses are at 14:33pm, 15:38pm,16:38pm. A train leaves Sheffield Station from Platform 2C at 09:26am getting to Grindleford at 09:41am.

Additional information: This is a challenging walk with the steep rocky climb to Froggatt Edge.

IMPORTANT: Anyone joining the walk should be of a level of fitness relative to the walk being undertaken, be appropriately dressed, have

suitable footwear, and have with them enough food and drink

for the duration of the walk.

If you are intending to join us on this walk, would you please post on this thread, so we know who to expect.

Not going to make it this weekend but am looking forward to the walks for the rest of the month.

Don't think we'll be able to make this one, sorry

We shall be joining you VO and might even get there early and have a sausage sarnie at the cafe! :D:D:D

We can't make this one as we're at a 40th birthday in Dudley on Saturday.

Hi all i may make this one, love the area i will get public transport as i am not definate on this. xx

I will be on the walk 3 spaces in car if anyone wants

Hi everyone

Been up Froggatt Edge today and due to the snow and ice still up there I think it may take us longer than the 3.5 hours we have advised at the start of the thread. Just wanted to let people know in advance - and it was cold too- bring extra layers!

Stunning views though.

See you Sunday :)

I will along for this one,space in the car,but cant stay for a drink afterwards.