Pork Farms Pork Pie.

Just opened our Pork Farms Pork Pie and found it had no jelly inside it :rant:

I had to throw mine away as it was unbelievably dry :gag:

This is the big £4.99 size pie from Morrisons at Catcliffe

Anyone else bought one of these from here and had the same problem, just wondering if its a bad batch.

Just opened mine. Absolutely the same. No jelly, dry pastry, dry meat. :rant:

Bought from Tescos in Chesterfield, so not specific to Catcliffe Morrisons

Hope its just a bad batch. I used to love these pies :(

Pork pies contain all the "pork" that cannot be sold as traditional cuts of pork, it's all the yucky stuff.

Pork pies contain all the "pork" that cannot be sold as traditional cuts of pork, it's all the yucky stuff.

Exactly!! :rolleyes:

How untrue. A proper pork pie will use meat from a decent cut, usually the same as what is used for decent ham. Can't really go wrong with a Melton Mowbray pie - chopped (not minced) meat and plenty of jelly.

But if you're talking about them pies with that disgusting pink solidified meatish

gloop then I 100% agree.

The jelly in a pork pie is foul, better off without it.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say that pork pie is healthy, or that it is full of prime cuts of meat. However, I have been eating Pork Farms pork pies for as long as I can remember, and there is nothing wrong with me, neither have I ever been made ill by one.

The point being made was that they have either got a bad batch out, or they have changed the recipe. I hope its just a bad batch, because if this is a recipe change they have made a mistake IMO.

And the jelly is to keep things moist, I believe. The pie I had was completely lacking in jelly, and the whole lot was extremely dry.

At homefarm products we used Leg pork for the pork pies

It was the sausage that had belly pork, rusk, fat, ice and god knows what added to it

I don't think anyone here is trying to say that pork pie is healthy, or that it is full of prime cuts of meat. However, I have been eating Pork Farms pork pies for as long as I can remember, and there is nothing wrong with me, neither have I ever been made ill by one.

The point being made was that they have either got a bad batch out, or they have changed the recipe. I hope its just a bad batch, because if this is a recipe change they have made a mistake IMO.

And the jelly is to keep things moist, I believe. The pie I had was completely lacking in jelly, and the whole lot was extremely dry.

Exactly Greg :thumbsup:

As far as I am concerned, these are one of the best (mass produced) pies and I am just hoping that this is just a bad batch.

Exactly Greg :thumbsup:

As far as I am concerned, these are one of the best (mass produced) pies and I am just hoping that this is just a bad batch.

Me too, I bought two medium Pork Farms from Sainsbury's Archer Road and they were the same as already posted. If this is to be general issue I will not be buying any more, a shame really as they were the best around. Why change the design of what already was a winner or is it another victim of greed and profits for the sake of inferior ingredients?

I use belly pork for my pork pies, and sausages too. Good mix of fat and meat.

I use belly pork for my pork pies, and sausages too. Good mix of fat and meat.

The tastiest of cuts!:thumbsup:

Look away if you're squeamish!! The jelly is the best bit, my mother in law used to make a fantastic brawn using a pigs face and its tongue, natural jelly at its best !

Edited by Fibutton
apologies to vegetarians