Thank you to the 4x4 driver who gave me a lift home

Oh my gosh ... if you are the guy who gave me a lift home from Derbyshire lane tonight, bout 11pm, in the 4x4 vehicle i just wanna say a huge THANK YOU! :)

I couldn't get my car more than halfway up Derbyshire Lane so decided to ditch it rather than rape the clutch more than i already had and take the long, steep walk back home. I saw lights coming up the hill and had immediate respect for anyone that was able to get up that damn thing, and flagged it down. The kind chap not only stopped for a stranger (me) but also took me all the way home.

So thank you ... that was the kindest act i have witnessed all year .. you lovely, lovely fella :thumbsup:

Nice story for a change. 4x4 drivers get slated usually for murdering the planet.

We have always offered lifts in bad weather in our 4x4. We`re not all bad you know

A guy in a 4 x 4 helped me get my car moving again the other day, so no they are not all bad at all.

there are some decent people left in the world!

We have always offered lifts in bad weather in our 4x4. We`re not all bad you know

Of course you're not all bad! Unfortunately, you're on the "list" - along with bus drivers, taxi drivers, students, etc, etc.

Merry Christmas.

Wow, this is a Christmas Revelation; 4x4 drivers not necessarily murdering scumbags!

*awaits spindrift and basil to tell us exactly why they are all scum

That was really kind of him but is it a good idea to get in a car with a complete stranger (I'm assuming you are a woman michie)

I have slated my father-in-law for buying a 4x4 but was happy to accept his offer to take me to the docs and food shopping yesterday :D there is no point having 2 members of my family with 4x4’s and not taking advantage of them!!!

PS I cant drive due to a medical condition not because of the snow

hey i just been pulling cars up our road in my 4x4, luck would have it an AA man was just attending to a flat battery so i borrowed his rope!

Well I let a 4x4 out in front of me to turn around. In result, I stopped and got stuck in the snow! He put his hand up to say thank you and merrily drove off! :) No hard feelings though, I got it out it out in the end with help from someone pushing me.

Well I let a 4x4 out in front of me to turn around. In result, I stopped and got stuck in the snow! He put his hand up to say thank you and merrily drove off! :) No hard feelings though, I got it out it out in the end with help from someone pushing me.

I went down Nethergreen Road and a car coming up decided to stop to let me pass through a bit of a bottle-neck.

I wondered why s/he bothered when s/he has right of way (being uphill), the road being covered in ice and snow and with my being in a 4 x 4.

That person's probably still there now.

Thanks anyway.