How not to get stuck in the snow: snow shoes for a car

I live down a lane that never gets gritted. Often getting out takes hours of me and my neighbour gritting the lane ourselves.

Then I saw these snow shoes for a car ordered them not really believing in them too much.

THey cost about £50.00 and they are absolutely wonderful.

Took less than a minute to put on and take off and then I got straight up the hill with no slipping.

Highly recommended

Shoes for cars? Have you gone mad?? Are you going to put tyres on your feet? Think it through woman (assuming you are a woman).

They sound great! Have just spent over an hour slip sliding away up the hill I live. Could have done with them then. Managed to get up eventually. Phew!

What a good idea! Trouble is, by the time they got here the snow will be gone for another year and I'll have forgotten about them by the time it's like this again!

Shoes for cars? Have you gone mad?? Are you going to put tyres on your feet? Think it through woman (assuming you are a woman).

Last time I looked I'd got dangly bits

Last time I looked I'd got dangly bits

That could just be old age. ;)

Seriously though, these "car shoes" must work on the same principle as the advice of putting socks over your shoes in order to increase the grip you get on ice.

Anyone else tried these tire shoes?

Shoes for cars eh! whatever next.

It invokes an image of a car with wheels like the Isle of Man three legged wheel thingy with shiny patent leather Loafers on.