How much do you think this work on my car will be?

Im getting a couple of minor things fixed on my car, my normal mechanic isnt around so im forced to use nationwide just to get it done!

1) The plate that holds my battery in has rusted and no amount of man power will loosen it so it basically needs the bolt sheering off and replacing2) I also discovered that the bonnet wont secure properly, it will catch on the safety catch but not the actual pin lock, this is probably a bit of realigning of the bonnet.

How much do you guys think this is worth in terms of actual work? I really dont want to get ripped off just before christmas!

On another note one of the mechanics said when i dropped my car off "talk about leaving it to the last minute" in a really sarky attitude, like i chose to wait until yesterday for my battery to die and for me not to be able to get the catch off....... Talk about bad customer attitude, how dare I bring my car in to be fixed!?!?!?!?!?

40-50 quid i reckon, depends how easy it is and how long it takes

I would have driven off after a remark like that ! You would always find somebody willing to do the work. Kev

It depends how accessible the clamp bolt is, on my Astra its down the back of the battery and I would have to drill the head off, (assumming there is enough clearance for the drill), then drill through the remains of the bolt and re-tap, all assuming that the bolt head had rounded.

Your bonnet catch might be able to be re-adjusted on the catches themselves.

ive been using highfields on attercliffe rd for a couple of years now and ive always found their prices fair and their turnaround quite fast

i should say maximum of £40 to £50, A decent garage would have special tools to get your seized bolt out without much damage no matter how seized. The bonnet catch may just need adjusting or the mechanism may be sticking

Mel

http://www.melrandall.com

Vehicle repairs in the Stocksbridge Deepcar area

TRY KnR garge on pomona street just off eccellsal road they've been there years and are really fair with there prices.

i should say maximum of £40 to £50, A decent garage would have special tools to get your seized bolt out without much damage no matter how seized. The bonnet catch may just need adjusting or the mechanism may be sticking

Mel

http://www.melrandall.com

Vehicle repairs in the Stocksbridge Deepcar area

What special tools are they?

What special tools are they?

I have a toolbox full of special tools for virtually all occasions which the general public would not have

mel