Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

Going up and then coming down Stannington Road was interesting tonight to say the least at about 9pm.

Drivers should have driving in snowy conditions covered at least as part of their theory test, surely!?

Going uphill and you go too slow - you are going to stop! And more importantly, make me stop... :mad: Which, on a big long hill like that, could mean the end of the journey.

Brake, especially when going downhill - and you are going to slide. Sometimes in a funny zigzaggy way... :P

Use engine/gear braking only - go steady - keep your foot off that brake pedal!

Keep in a high a gear as possible with as low as possible revs.

And for God's sake - the really, really simple one. Keep at least double your usual distance from the car in front. Because once you start sliding there's not a lot you can do until you stop - and hopefully, not as a result of the car in front of you acting as a buffer! :P

there are lots of amusing tyre marks on the pavements over our way

To the stupid woman who tried to turn right from Bowman Drive on Norton Ave yesterday morning...... you silly cow. If you are gonna turn right there are few thing you need to be able to do .. and that is drive a car, you complete and utter retard.

I have a question. How many of you when scraping off the snow/ice from your car before your journey bother to clear it from your lights/indicators? No end of folk today had their lights on, but you could barely see them as they hadn't bothered *shrugs*

I have a question. How many of you when scraping off the snow/ice from your car before your journey bother to clear it from your lights/indicators? No end of folk today had their lights on, but you could barely see them as they hadn't bothered *shrugs*

Barely, But you could see them, yeah?

To the stupid woman who tried to turn right from Bowman Drive on Norton Ave yesterday morning...... you silly cow. If you are gonna turn right there are few thing you need to be able to do .. and that is drive a car, you complete and utter retard.
Why are there so many people in Sheffield with serious rage issues?

Or is it the unexpected pleasure of being allowed to have a go on a PC that unleashes their bile? :hihi:

Saw a idiot on his bike waving in & out of traffic, would have been well funny if he slipped under a bus.

As I biker I dont condone foolish riding. My bike wont see daylight in these conditions. However, I take exception to your post. It would not be `well funny` if a biker slipped under a bus, potentially losing their life :loopy:

Most people have all on cleaning windows. Seen loads driving around like tank commanders peering through a slot or steemed up windows. :loopy:

i drive perfectly well in snow as i have a 4x4, so never get stuck, its the other brainless idiots i have to watch out for.

Those people for example who think that by hitting the accelerator as much as possible will get them anywhere. You should get going first of all, drive in a higher gear as possible, dont just rev away at the accelerator losing traction

Plus clear the snow from your roof. You can't see very far when a load of snow decides to slide down your wind screen when you brake.

i drive perfectly well in snow as i have a 4x4, so never get stuck, its the other brainless idiots i have to watch out for.

Those people for example who think that by hitting the accelerator as much as possible will get them anywhere. You should get going first of all, drive in a higher gear as possible, dont just rev away at the accelerator losing traction

Lets put in you a two wheel drive and see how well you do.

Too be honest though you look at the modern car. ABS traction control and so on. Now people driving those how do they get stuck.

Dump them back in late seventies early eighties without abs traction control etc and sheet ice for weeks on end what would they do???

Lets put in you a two wheel drive and see how well you do.

Too be honest though you look at the modern car. ABS traction control and so on. Now people driving those how do they get stuck.

Dump them back in late seventies early eighties without abs traction control etc and sheet ice for weeks on end what would they do???

when it was bad on wednesday, i wouldnt have gone out in my two wheel drive car, it was only because i had a 4x4 that i did