Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

Just been watching Ice Road Truckers on Channel Five.

Kinds of puts it all in perspective!

John X

Doesn't alter the fact that their are some right pratt's on Sheffield's roads though does it?!!

I managed to get myself and my staff to work safely today by using my experience of driving in snow and ice. I am pleased to say that I didn't see as many bad drivers en route. I can't say that this is solely down to this thread, but I would like to think that I have made a difference. Thanks to all of you that have taken my advice. Keep it up guys, it will soon be Spring. :thumbsup:

Doesn't alter the fact that their are some right pratt's on Sheffield's roads though does it?!!
Just like when it isn't snowing. Plenty of dangerous driving going on all the time.

I'd say it was safer when the snow is down, as there are less muppets driving than usual.

I was especially impressed this morning by the driver who slid on to Ecclesall Road from one of the side road with all four wheels locked, whilst on the phone.

Just like when it isn't snowing. Plenty of dangerous driving going on all the time.

I'd say it was safer when the snow is down, as there are less muppets driving than usual.

I know what you are saying jez', but the muppets come out in force in the snow and ice to skid about for fun. Great fun untill someone gets hurt!

I was especially impressed this morning by the driver who slid on to Ecclesall Road from one of the side road with all four wheels locked, whilst on the phone.

Yeah, I've seen a quite a few similar events over the past few days. Answering the phone while driving obviously comes before safety though!! :loopy: