Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

In countries with a lot of snow like Finland, you have to take part of your test on an ice rink. You also have to know how to look after your car in winter conditions, when and how to change to winter tyres etc. The amount of snow we usually get here hardly warrants this. We'll all be waiting another 10 years to put our new skills to practice.

It is amazing how slowly some people drive in snow. I had to overtake 2 cars on my way into work the other day because they were driving so slowly, and I was cycling.

We would all be waiting about ten hours to put our new skills into practice. In case you hadn't noticed, we have snow and ice AND accidents due to this, every winter.

Don't get exited Nuetral body. That post was just a harmless little jibe to someone else on the forum. I have the utmost respect for bus drivers as is well documented in other threads. No offence taken, you weren't to know.

However, I do find the above generalisation about 4x4 drivers a little silly.

The comments about 4x4 drivers was not mine and was only in reference to those we had seen.

May get a lot of practice next week if we run out of grit.

May get a lot of practice next week if we run out of grit.

Lets hope that all this "practice" won't lead to someone's peril.

As stated in another thread, many pedestrians are using the roads to walk on as the footpaths aren't clear.

This is an extra hazard for the motorist to be aware of.

Most of the motorists that I have seen in action can't deal with the snow and ice and yet another hazard could all end in disaster.

If you are a poor driver (you people know who you are). STAY OFF THE ROADS!

Perhaps if we all took driving lessons from Viney then we would be safe in the knowledge we are all phenomenal snow drivers and no accidents would be forthcoming.

Unless you are the worlds best driver then it is somewhat hypoicritical to be slandering others driving.

I, after learning to drive in central Europe, was subjected to winter driving condition courses during my initial lessons and had to be certificated in order to complete the full test - slow driving in ice bound and snowy conditions is NOT advised if you have suitable traction to do otherwise.

The people driving around clogging the roads up at 6 miles an hour and then spending time on here putting everyone else down are the reason it is so crap to drive in the winter - nothing to do with the conditions.

High get off horse - rearrange those words pal

Perhaps if we all took driving lessons from Viney then we would be safe in the knowledge we are all phenomenal snow drivers and no accidents would be forthcoming.

Unless you are the worlds best driver then it is somewhat hypoicritical to be slandering others driving.

I, after learning to drive in central Europe, was subjected to winter driving condition courses during my initial lessons and had to be certificated in order to complete the full test - slow driving in ice bound and snowy conditions is NOT advised if you have suitable traction to do otherwise.

The people driving around clogging the roads up at 6 miles an hour and then spending time on here putting everyone else down are the reason it is so crap to drive in the winter - nothing to do with the conditions.

High get off horse - rearrange those words pal

get high off horse???? Wierd

Your first sentence made more sense pal, stick with it. :thumbsup:

If you are a poor driver (you people know who you are). STAY OFF THE ROADS!

I think you'll find they don't!

I think you'll find they don't!

Your right probedb, thats the problem. What's the solution?

I think the problems start with everyone thinking they are "super drivers" in this really bad weather.

I think the problems start with everyone thinking they are "super drivers" in this really bad weather.

Quite right, when clearly there are only a handfull of us.

Quite right, when clearly there are only a handfull of us.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Just been watching Ice Road Truckers on Channel Five.

Kinds of puts it all in perspective!

John X