Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

the one thing i hate is these idiots who drive with tiny peep holes in their windscreens whats an extra 5 mins gna hurt to defrost their windows?

I felt very cross yesterday morning when I saw a very stupid young female driver bowling along the road through Hillsborough then turning right before the bus gate with only one small foot square space cleared on her windscreen with the rest of the car completely frozen over - and she was on the bl**dy phone! :rant::loopy:

There has been many examples of bad driving, why do people drive so slowly on ice??????

Its crazy I have to overtake, only the other day as I was overtaking, I gave the bloke in the Mondeo the rods as I went past, and cut him up. This plantpot could not even perform an emergency stop, and slip his car and crashed into a parked car :hihi::hihi:

You gave to laugh, if anyone had a camcorder, it would have been worth £250

and mondeo man probably thought what a plant pot you are as you overtook:loopy:

There has been many examples of bad driving, why do people drive so slowly on ice??????

Its crazy I have to overtake, only the other day as I was overtaking, I gave the bloke in the Mondeo the rods as I went past, and cut him up. This plantpot could not even perform an emergency stop, and slip his car and crashed into a parked car :hihi::hihi:

You gave to laugh, if anyone had a camcorder, it would have been worth £250

If youre going to put the same posts on different threads at least keep them consistant. It was a garden wall he crashed into yesterday!! :roll:

and mondeo man probably thought what a plant pot you are as you overtook:loopy:

Don't bite suzyoo, this guy was on his skateboard.

I bet i've done 40 miles in and around sheffield today and i've not spun a wheel, whats the fuss all about?

Quite right phil, but your safety and that of others is more important than your valuable lump of steel and plastic don't you think?

Heeeeeelllz no, I'd rather take the **** and keep my car safe (and my no claims) than try and keep up with traffic. That said, this isn't a problem for me, I have only had one problem in the snow, and that is trying to get up my hill today, no gritters touched it, cos it's not a main road, and it's not exactly steep, but it's enough. Looking at it, you would just assume it was one peice of land, the road and curb pretty much blended in, I took a decent run up and managed to get half way up, wheels were spinning even when I tried to just clutch the car up. Anyroad, some 4x4's went up, and created some decent groves later on, managed to get it up. Still a struggle. My road is a dead end, an the snow is not far from half way up my tyre, and it's bloody hard to even drive on the flat now, unles you have momentum.

I bet i've done 40 miles in and around sheffield today and i've not spun a wheel, whats the fuss all about?

Google Earth doesn't count. ;)

Heeeeeelllz no, I'd rather take the **** and keep my car safe (and my no claims) than try and keep up with traffic. That said, this isn't a problem for me, I have only had one problem in the snow, and that is trying to get up my hill today, no gritters touched it, cos it's not a main road, and it's not exactly steep, but it's enough. Looking at it, you would just assume it was one peice of land, the road and curb pretty much blended in, I took a decent run up and managed to get half way up, wheels were spinning even when I tried to just clutch the car up. Anyroad, some 4x4's went up, and created some decent groves later on, managed to get it up. Still a struggle. My road is a dead end, an the snow is not far from half way up my tyre, and it's bloody hard to even drive on the flat now, unles you have momentum.

All my men have decided to take the bus to work on Wednesday, if they are running! If not, we walk for our pay.

Quite right phil, but your safety and that of others is more important than your valuable lump of steel and plastic don't you think?

Haha yes sorry that goes without saying :hihi:

Haha yes sorry that goes without saying :hihi:

No worries phil, your mum and dad worked hard to get you that new BMX for Christmas. :hihi:;)

No worries phil, your mum and dad worked hard to get you that new BMX for Christmas. :hihi:;)

:)

Tell you what a BMX would be more use in the snow....!

:)

Tell you what a BMX would be more use in the snow....!

That's cos you can't drive a car young fella.

Everyone, keep your heads right in this bad weather!

Stay safe.