Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

i drive perfectly well in snow as i have a 4x4, so never get stuck, its the other brainless idiots i have to watch out for.

Those people for example who think that by hitting the accelerator as much as possible will get them anywhere. You should get going first of all, drive in a higher gear as possible, dont just rev away at the accelerator losing traction

I think most of the advice about driving in snow and ice isn't really aimed at places as hilly as Sheffield.

I find dropping a gear and using higher revs a damn sight more effective way of getting up hill in the recent weather conditions - for example my car will eat Springvale Road or Barber Road in 3rd in normal conditions - in ice and snow then it's 2nd or sometimes 1st.

It seems like Sheffield is full of lunatic drivers when it comes to driving in snow and ice. I have lost count of the amount of drivers who have overtaken at speed, pulled out on me, and numerous other stupid tricks over the past few days.

I know that there are other responsible drivers out there, but as for the rest of you, get a grip before you hurt yourself or someone else. :rant:

Who put you in charge?

Who put you in charge?

You just did! :hihi:

Driving in snow & ice is easy - just get out of my way and you will have no problems at all :)

i was gob smacked about First takin the busses off on wednessday night dont think ive know it before

i was gob smacked about First takin the busses off on wednessday night dont think ive know it before

Don't think it was to do with the weather. I heard that it was First's Christmas party on Wednesday.

Don't think it was to do with the weather. I heard that it was First's Christmas party on Wednesday.

lol, figures

I have it on good authority that this is absolute rubbish.

Thankfully, the majority of the ice has cleared now. Just in time for returning to work tomorrow. :thumbsup:

It was nice to see a white Christmas though.

Thankfully, the majority of the ice has cleared now. Just in time for returning to work tomorrow. :thumbsup:

It was nice to see a white Christmas though.

But if you are a bookmaker you saved your pennies as offically it wasnt a white christmas, as the snow was here before x mas :D

Oh no! The weather report says that we are in for another big freeze over New Year!

Would it be possible for all the pratts to stay in over this period. If not, could you get your parents to ship you from A to B. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup: