Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

Why?

I'm assuming that most people posting on here are drivers and I am also assuming that most drivers looking at a temperature gauge reading 80 degrees centigrade would take that as the engine water temperature and the one reading +1.5 degrees centigrade as the outside temperature.

Mind you, I could be wrong. I do know someone who thinks running your engine while stationary does not use any petrol as you are not moving!

John X

Well done John X, you have identified the cause of the problem. Drivers are too busy keeping their eyes on the temperature guage and doing math, to see the ice on the road!

Its not so much erratic driving, as stupid parking!

Most people seem to park their cars where ever they can and dont think about the, what if a car looses control situation.

Ive seen people being over cautious in the snow latley, Monday prime example afternoon most of the roads cleared of snow and i will admit some parts having slight ice on them, yet you get people driving at maximum speeds of 10mph, holding traffic up and causing people to overtake.

If you dont feel safe driving, dont venture out, or catch the bus like most people have, and yes before you say anything i know public transport isnt that reliable but its better you people be on the bus than travelling down the parkway at 6mph cause it snowed on sunday!! :D

No. It is erratic driving which ever way you look at it.

Not to mention how bad bus drivers are in the snow and ice!

Its brilliant driving a ten tonne bus in snow and ice, with the stop starting it does take abit of skill not to skid or send a granny flying :D

if you saw the way tho that some people dumped their cars on Walkley lane in the snow then you would understand why they return to no wing mirrors and dints, i saw one that was parked next to the dividing white line near the Fllorist pub and it was still there near midday monday!!!

Its brilliant driving a ten tonne bus in snow and ice, with the stop starting it does take abit of skill not to skid or send a granny flying :D

if you saw the way tho that some people dumped their cars on Walkley lane in the snow then you would understand why they return to no wing mirrors and dints, i saw one that was parked next to the dividing white line near the Fllorist pub and it was still there near midday monday!!!

Ten tonne bus came hurtling towards me in snow and ice on Monday between parked cars. I had to skid to a hault! he had no regard for stopping distances.

No excuse.

Ten tonne bus came hurtling towards me in snow and ice on Monday between parked cars. I had to skid to a hault! he had no regard for stopping distances.

No excuse.

maybe he couldnt stop!!

Dont forget they are all Automatic, and the Man buses especially, their break retarders are very keen just slightly touch the brake and you gota skid on your hands!

I dont understand why the bus companies dont take the buses off the road when it starts getting snowy instead of leaving us to get stuck or crash, yes some people maybe stuck for getting home but at least like what happened to you would not be on the cards, you would just have to contend with car drivers flying at you.

maybe he couldnt stop!!

Dont forget they are all Automatic, and the Man buses especially, their break retarders are very keen just slightly touch the brake and you gota skid on your hands!

I dont understand why the bus companies dont take the buses off the road when it starts getting snowy instead of leaving us to get stuck or crash, yes some people maybe stuck for getting home but at least like what happened to you would not be on the cards, you would just have to contend with car drivers flying at you.

Of course he couldn't stop, he was going too fast!

As I said, no excuse.

Edited by viney40
duff spelling

you just told us the excuse tho, so their is one :D

you just told us the excuse tho, so their is one :D

dink! please! don't do it man! don't ruin your reputation as a professional driver for the sake of a cockey post!! Speeding in a ten tonne vehicle in snow and ice can not be excused. Stay cool fella, I think you're OK. Don't spoil it.

Just took a look out of the window and the snow is comimg down like you wouldn't believe! I am in Woodhouse, don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods.

If you don't honestly think that you can handle driving in these condiitions, stay in tomorrow, stay safe, keep other road users safe by staying in, and enjoy your Christmas.

viney. :)

Lets hope it stays this way so santa doesnt have any issues getting to us :)

Lets hope it stays this way so santa doesnt have any issues getting to us :)

Santa always does the business, no excuse's! :hihi:

All the best dink.:thumbsup::partyhat: