Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

If you think some of the driving in the snow is bad round here then try going down south and into the London area. They dont see snow very ofter so therefore arnt used to it

I've witnessed it :hihi:, I lived in Kent for five years.

To be fair though bus man, you would have to live in Alaska or somewhere to be "used to it".

We only see it a few times a year, but still drive like it's not there.

As they should, since black ice is by definition hard to spot. Any evidence that it may be present should be taken to mean that it is, until you know otherwise.

..is the right answer. :thumbsup:

I have been working on Heavygate Rd, Crookes over the past few days which has been pretty much a no go area due to the snow and ice on the road.

I have been parking on Crookes main drag, and walking to the job (bracing!!).

The amount of parked cars with dints in them on Heavygate, due to erratic drivers convinced me of this course of action! :o

my fav is people walking down the road as the paths too slippy!! how is walking down an icy road with cars safer than a slippy path! mad.

my fav is people walking down the road as the paths too slippy!! how is walking down an icy road with cars safer than a slippy path! mad.

:hihi: Yeah, rather fall on my bum on the pavement than be hit by ton and a half of skidding metal.

I do...................

What do you mean?

Are you taking your wedding vows?

I wouldn't be able to answer this question, as I have not seen people in other cities driving to compare and to agree or disagree whether people in THIS CITY in particular know how to drive in snow and ice. But I imagine whatever experience you have had that prompted you to post this is pretty much nation wide.

On a completely unrelated topic, does anybody in this city know how to type properly?

I was driving yesterday and indicated left, a lad in a car was indicating right and then pulled across me which caused me to brake and skid. I was so mad I could have punched him (if of cause I wasn't such a lady!!) :rant: It is people like that who cause accidents in this kind of weather.

By the way we all know if the snow was as bad as what it is down South up here it wouldn't have got a mention on the national news.

I was driving yesterday and indicated left, a lad in a car was indicating right and then pulled across me which caused me to brake and skid. I was so mad I could have punched him (if of cause I wasn't such a lady!!) :rant: It is people like that who cause accidents in this kind of weather.

By the way we all know if the snow was as bad as what it is down South up here it wouldn't have got a mention on the national news.

:o he caused you to skid? What a *******... why does no one just sigh and get on with what they're doing when someone does something wrong, accidental or not?

I have been working on Heavygate Rd, Crookes over the past few days which has been pretty much a no go area due to the snow and ice on the road.

I have been parking on Crookes main drag, and walking to the job (bracing!!).

The amount of parked cars with dints in them on Heavygate, due to erratic drivers convinced me of this course of action! :o

This has to be one of the worst roads in the area, I cannot understand why it is never gritted as so many use it to travel from Crookes and Commonside, Walkley.

I live on it and dread the bad weather as its always bad! And yes I can drive in the snow, I learnt to drive in 1979 - that was a proper winter! :hihi:

What do you mean?

Are you taking your wedding vows?

I was just answering the question posed in the thread title.

I wouldn't be able to answer this question, as I have not seen people in other cities driving to compare and to agree or disagree whether people in THIS CITY in particular know how to drive in snow and ice. But I imagine whatever experience you have had that prompted you to post this is pretty much nation wide.

On a completely unrelated topic, does anybody in this city know how to type properly?

You don't have to compare drivers in other cities in order to answer the OP's question.The answer is "Yes",because I know how to drive safely in the snow and ice.