Does anybody in this city know how to drive safely in snow and ice?

It seems like Sheffield is full of lunatic drivers when it comes to driving in snow and ice. I have lost count of the amount of drivers who have overtaken at speed, pulled out on me, and numerous other stupid tricks over the past few days.

I know that there are other responsible drivers out there, but as for the rest of you, get a grip before you hurt yourself or someone else. :rant:

Yeh don't bother going out.

Take it easy on the accelator/brakes and use the appriopate speed and gears and note the condition of the road.

Most drivers fail too observe the condition of the road and presume it's icy when they see a single flake of snow for example.

Overall I've seen some bad conditions on the main roads due to lack of gritting which warrent caution but it doesn't mean you need to drive everywhere at 10 mph.

have you considered that you've been over cautious by any chance??

Saw a idiot on his bike waving in & out of traffic, would have been well funny if he slipped under a bus.

It's the complete inability to use the indicator when it's snowing that gets me - especially at round abouts!

And then there are those who don't give way at a junction because the give way sign on the road is covered with snow & can't be seen!

Yeh don't bother going out.

Take it easy on the accelator/brakes and use the appriopate speed and gears and note the condition of the road.

Most drivers fail too observe the condition of the road and presume it's icy when they see a single flake of snow for example.

Overall I've seen some bad conditions on the main roads due to lack of gritting which warrent caution but it doesn't mean you need to drive everywhere at 10 mph.

have you considered that you've been over cautious by any chance??

No, I travel at speed that will maintain the flow of traffic, but will not send my car skidding all over the show.

Yawn, yawn. Fed up of hearing about these "idiot" drivers now.

To the guy attempting to reverse up an ice covered New Street off West Bar this dinnertime, you are an absolute idiot!

Yawn, yawn. Fed up of hearing about these "idiot" drivers now.

I know the feeling, I'm fed up with having to negotiate them on the road every day.

They really are tedious aren’t they wobblywill?!

If you think some of the driving in the snow is bad round here then try going down south and into the London area. They dont see snow very ofter so therefore arnt used to it

...and presume it's icy when they see a single flake of snow for example.

As they should, since black ice is by definition hard to spot. Any evidence that it may be present should be taken to mean that it is, until you know otherwise.