Where can I buy a used iPhone in Sheffield?

This is an old thread, but seems to be suitable. I am looking for a used iPhone for somebody. I have looked in the ad section on here and Gumtree but never having had one I am not sure what to look for - there are so many. Price wise, the 4 seems to fit the bill. Is this still supported? Also it needs to be unlocked - we are on TMobile. One other important thing is the sound. The person has hearing loss so needs a telephone with a loudspeaker function. Does the iPhone have this facility? Any advice please?

ccit the iPhone does have a loudspeaker. I have an iPhone 5 in working order for sale that I have been offered £200 for from a (webuyanyphone) kind of company. It has cosmetic damage and the off button sometimes does not work but it's in fine working order other than that. If anyone on here matches the £200 offered it's theirs.

This is an old thread, but seems to be suitable. I am looking for a used iPhone for somebody. I have looked in the ad section on here and Gumtree but never having had one I am not sure what to look for - there are so many. Price wise, the 4 seems to fit the bill. Is this still supported? Also it needs to be unlocked - we are on TMobile. One other important thing is the sound. The person has hearing loss so needs a telephone with a loudspeaker function. Does the iPhone have this facility? Any advice please?

Hi, in my opinion the iPhone 4S is the better 1 to go for. My friends have the 5 and all complain about it. I've had the 4 and the 4S and the latter 1 seems to be the better 1 for me.. iPhone 4S has the loud speaker function. Only thing is if your fingers are a bit chunky or shaky typing on the keypad can be a little hard but predictive text usually sorts that lol.. This is only my opinion others might not agree.. Good luck... But I do love my iPhone 4S lol :hihi::)

Buy it from a shop or ebay using paypal or know that if you buy from a small ad, then you are taking a big risk that the phone could be blocked at a later date if its stolen or it was in fact bought on contract and still belonged to the phone company.

Thank you. Glad to know that it has a loudspeaker. Will look out for the 4S then.

Danny - thank you but the person is an oap and it is a bit more than can be afforded. Also, it is just for basic use so a cheaper one would be more suitable.

999 - I did wonder about these sort of issues. Are there any good shops that sell second hand telephones in Rotherham or nearby in Sheffield please?

Edited by ccit

Thank you. Glad to know that it has a loudspeaker. Will look out for the 4S then.

Danny - thank you but the person is an oap and it is a bit more than can be afforded. Also, it is just for basic use so a cheaper one would be more suitable.

999 - I did wonder about these sort of issues. Are there any good shops that sell second hand telephones in Rotherham or nearby in Sheffield please?

No problem, I thought that might have been the case. eBay may well be the best bet then to be honest. I would look at the 4s I assume they would go for around £100-£150.

---------- Post added 20-06-2014 at 12:29 ----------

What about this:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1318028

You are spot on with the price. Managed to get an unlocked 4S from a local shop this afternoon for £130. Only problem is that the sim card from the previous telephone is very old and can't be cut down. Will need changing to one of those micro ones so will have to go to the TMobile shop to get it done. Thank you for the replies and assistance.

Edited by ccit

If you bought it from a shop then you will have a degree of protection. Much more so than buying from a small add. If you have any trouble then post back.

Thank you. It looks good and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to set it up for him once the sim card is in. Will get back if I am stuck with anything. He's used to an iPad so hopefully will be able to manage it. All in all, a useful afternoon so again, thanks a lot. :)

Edited by ccit