Jacko v Prince. Was Jacko King of pop?

See my reply above ^^

look, i've seen you on here a lot and i'm well aware that you always have to have the last word so i'm not going to waste hours arguing with you about whether or not it's rock. i don't really like either of them - i used to drum in a thrash metal band! the bottom line is, you're entitled to your opinion and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that you're right (and the same goes for me)

look, i've seen you on here a lot and i'm well aware that you always have to have the last word so i'm not going to waste hours arguing with you about whether or not it's rock. i don't really like either of them - i used to drum in a thrash metal band! the bottom line is, you're entitled to your opinion and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that you're right (and the same goes for me)

What are you, my stalker?

And I refute the claim that I have to have the last word.....;)

We all have our crosses to bear.

That's original!

It isn't now, but it was back then. :D

I love it when people try to compare artists to Michael Jackson, the positives in songwriting, singing ability, performance, music video's, concerts and selling ability lie deep in the MJ camp.

Prince is good, but nowhere near MJ. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Jacksons music is timeless, Prince's music is abit outdated.

Only one King of Pop, Rock and Soul - Michael Jackson all the way!

Not quite as clean cut as that.

MJ's camp was overflowing with dosh, due to the earlier success of the Jackson 5. Expensive productions, special visual effects making MJ look as if he was doing things that aren't possible etc.

Prince. Raw talent.

Of course Prince's old material sounds outdated, it is!

Try listening to his new stuff. He is still a class act, Can't say the same for MJ.

Jacko v Prince? Neither really, as both are 1980s acts whose music sounds horribly of its time and dated. They both ran out of ideas a long long time ago.

But these guys shaped the face of popular music. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have Jedwood as your favourite choice of listening Randy! Show a little respect. :hihi:

To put you all on the level. MJ didn't do rock. Just a popie type version to keep all listeners on his side.

Prince can do rock as easy as it is for him to take a pee, if he so wishes! No need to grow his hair down his back and stay unwashed for weeks on end.

Total musical genius. In his blood.

I once read somewhere that Whacko used to play at producing ,they would wait while he had gone then somebody like Quincy Jones would then sort it out and Whacko was none the wiser

I once read somewhere that Whacko used to play at producing ,they would wait while he had gone then somebody like Quincy Jones would then sort it out and Whacko was none the wiser

:hihi: That figures.