Jacko v Prince. Was Jacko King of pop?

Neither.

Sh2006.

Who do you thing is the most talented out of the two?

Who do you thing is the most talented out of the two?

Hmmm...Michael Jackson as his Thriller/Bad era music was quite good.

Sh2006.

Hmmm...Michael Jackson as his Thriller/Bad era music was quite good.

Sh2006.

Yeah, quite good I suppose.

You're comparing a hugely talented musician with an equally talented dancer. Both are incredible in their own way but I most certainly wouldn't class Prince's music as pop.

Sure, both are decent songwriters but if you're a musician like I am, you look at Prince with your jaw wide open; if it's dance you're into then no doubt Jacko's moves will have the same affect on you.

However, I am beginning to think that most of MJ's output is timeless whereas some of Prince's stuff sounds a bit old nowadays. 1999 was on the radio a couple of days back and I think it's aged badly.

Having said that, did Rocky Robin ever sound relevant?!

In his day, Prince could dance just as well, if not better than MJ.

Check out this dance compilation. Prince, Michael Jackson and James Brown.

What do you think?

Prince and Micheal jackson are both amazing in their own right, and completely different artists. iv seen prince live and i have to say he was something else, a real superstar. i had respect for him before as my husband and friend are big fans and had told me about him, but when i saw him live i became a fan myself. he did 21 nights straight at the o2 arena, they wernt planned he just did whichever songs he felt to do, he kept swapping guitars, throwing them down and having another thrown up to him. his band were amazing too, and they would have to be to keep up with him! he had such an aura.a few famous people were there that night to see him too, he pulled julia stiles up on stage to sing with him,matt damon was there with his wife,bradley from eastenders,lol.havnt seen MJ but my hubby has and says he was amazing. i think hes influenced more artists over the yrs than prince.

Well Prince's seems to stop youtube alot, you see hardly any videos of his...yet micheal jackson is everywhere and personally I do like Jackson's songs more :)

Prince for me is the best.

Jackson seems to need collaborators to do his best work. I believe that most of his best sucessful solo stuff was down to the brilliance of quincy jones. For the last decade he has not done anything of note apart from make an embarrasment of himself.

Whereas Prince just keeps churning good stuff out. He himself manages new artists and writes them songs. He is a one man industry and a class act.

Jacko uses collaborators just like most 'solo' acts do. I'd argue the best stuff was down to his a-list backup muscians and not just quincy jones. I mean the Thriller album was the band TOTO fronted by Michael Jackson! It's when he started using crappy hip hop producers things went a little more patchy.

If you look at any jacko album and see who has written the best tunes, they are usually just Michael Jackson, his last album which bombed released awful songs, yet all the songs only credited to him (and unreleased) were clearly the best songs on that album.