Round of applause to the council for getting Sheffield moving again

I disagree, I think they have done a fine, nay, splendid job. :hihi:

I think they should install more grit bins around the city and then the local can use it to clear their roads paths etc.

I think they should install more grit bins around the city and then the local can use it to clear their roads paths etc.

I think there are enough already.

They've gritted some side roads around here, but the access does seem to be a problem like fox20thc says. I look at our neghbours' cars and wonder why they park on the road in icy weather and risk of something skidding into them, when they have a drive going spare? They're :loopy:

There should be more grit bins in the hillier parts of the city. And people should take their own responsbility for phoning up when they've taken the last grit out. In the past, I have when found it empty, but some people seem to be shy, or just lazy.

apart from resources, given that side roads are usually littered with cars exactly how do you expect them to get a gritter down them?

9 times out of 10 the bin wagon has a job getting down these roads during the daytime when alot of cars are gone. With all the cars parked up (usually double parked at that) aside from access I can imagine the number of complaints about grit damaging the paintwork of parked cars.

That's the council's problem to sort out, not mine! That's what I pay them for. What do you pay them for?

That's the council's problem to sort out, not mine! That's what I pay them for. What do you pay them for?
I certainly don't pay them to sort out where you park your bloody car, and grit your road, mate. Take some responsbility for yourself. I bet you're the guy that takes the last of the grit and then can't be arsed to ring up and ask for the bin to be refilled. Am I right? :hihi:

Not to solve an impossible mission. You get all your neighbours to get their cars off the street then give them a ring and ask them to grit it. We both know that would never happen, streetforce are doing their best and can't perform miracles.

I certainly don't pay them to sort out where you park your bloody car, and grit your road, mate. Take some responsbility for yourself. I bet you're the guy that takes the last of the grit and then can't be arsed to ring up and ask for the bin to be refilled. Am I right? :hihi:

Your wrong. What do you pay them for? :)

Your wrong. What do you pay them for? :)

Your a builder, get some sand chucked down and stop moaning. I gritted our bit of path outside our house. For the amount of bad weather we actually get it's not in the best interests of the city coffers to splash out on enough grit and machines to do all the side roads.

If we did, you'd be moaning about the waste of Council Tax come July.

I think there are enough already.

Not necessarily. There was a grit bin a short distance from our house. In recent years, the council have removed it, so now our area is without grit for our driveways and paths. :loopy:

Your a builder, get some sand chucked down and stop moaning. I gritted our bit of path outside our house. For the amount of bad weather we actually get it's not in the best interests of the city coffers to splash out on enough grit and machines to do all the side roads.

If we did, you'd be moaning about the waste of Council Tax come July.

Yeah, I see your point. Merry Christmas fox. :partyhat: