The Milestone Restaurant - your opinions.

I don't know if u know but the milestone is opening a wine shop/off licence and bar thing,haha. It is at the bottom of kelham mills flats,opposite of the red bridge. Think they are doing classes too.

Jay Raynor gives the Milestone a good review in today's Observer.

I'm veggie and I don't like the milestone. I find the menu incredibly limited and for the little I can/will eat, it's expensive. The service can be incredibly slow, so don't take kids there - it wouldn't hurt them to have crayons/pens and paper to entertain younger visitors.

Having said that, my hubby, who will eat anything and likes the milestone alot, agrees with my comments!

This is a really nice venue, but the veggie choice and fish choices are often limited, which is a real shame. It is not the cheapest of places but they do produce some very good food.

I'm veggie and I don't like the milestone. I find the menu incredibly limited and for the little I can/will eat, it's expensive. The service can be incredibly slow, so don't take kids there - it wouldn't hurt them to have crayons/pens and paper to entertain younger visitors.

Having said that, my hubby, who will eat anything and likes the milestone alot, agrees with my comments!

To be honest it's nice to have a restaurant that doesn't cater for kids. I like the fact it's aimed at adults and would have thought the reason they don't have crayons/pens is because that isn't the market they are aiming for. I love the food but am sure the portion sizes are getting smaller each time I go. Service can be slow and we've occasionally had a less than fantastic meal, but it's still a favourite of mine.

Here it is... (I didn't know the bit about the Pret a Manger - when was that?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/23/jay-rayner-restaurant-review-milestone-sheffield

There was a Pret a Manger in Meadowhall when I first moved here back in 2000 - but as Jay Rayner says it quickly disappeared...

Nice review though.

To be honest it's nice to have a restaurant that doesn't cater for kids. I like the fact it's aimed at adults and would have thought the reason they don't have crayons/pens is because that isn't the market they are aiming for.

Exactly what I was going to say, but couldn't be doing with the potential backlash! But, yes, I too like to dine with adults on an evening. If I wanted to be surrounded by kids, I'd go to Nandos or some other such place.

I am going to "Milestone" to celebrate a milestone I've made recentlly. :hihi: Just wonder is it good?? :roll:

No it's not good, it's excellent. Best bar/restaurant in Sheffield IMHO.

Some may argue that says more about Sheffield than the Milestone :D

Despite that, it is very enjoyable, but it is extremely pricey (upstairs) and more than a little poncy.