The Milestone Restaurant - your opinions.

But I wouldn't take her for a night out to somewhere that only served great big bloody steaks

Exactly, you wouldn't turn up and then moan that there was no vegetarian food and so the restaurant is crap.

Perhaps the Milestone don't want to do vegetarian food, it's their choice, it doesn't make them a bad restaurant.

EDIT: Actually, just forget it :)

Edited by Venkman

Lol! I think people seem to have very polarised opinions on this ;-)

ha ha - I was about to have a rant, but you're right.

Called Friday! we both thought the quality of food eaten was overpriced.Better value seem to exist on the 2 course with a glass of wine menu but neither of us fancied what was on offer.Our bill for two 2 courses a bottle of Pinot Noir and a coffee came to £80.Service was good,but overall,I can't think why we would wish to return.

I'm a bit shocked that Milestone is considered one of the best restaurants in the UK.

I know it's only TV but come on!!!

I've been to much, much better places in Sheffield let alone anywhere else.

Milanos, Morans, Kitchen, Cross Sythes, any one of Richard Smith's places & even the new refurbished Prince of Wales...

Milestone - always has been very hit and miss, just as the programme showed.

T

We were unimpressed by Milestone!............but equally by Milano's and Richard Smiths places!

Here's my twopenneth for what it's worth.

The wife and I were both regulars, but have not been back for a few months after a few quite poor meals.

We have eaten upstairs in the Restaurant on a number of occasions, but the menu is so limited, and often doesn't change for at least 5 or 6 months - this becomes boring to be honest.

We have also eaten in the 'Gastropub' downstairs, the last 2 occasions were not very good at all.

I don't like the fact that you can't book a table for downstairs, hanging around for ages hoping to land a table before you are too hungry is not my idea of fun. I wish at least one small section could be reserved for dining only...

The chips were burned to a crisp on the last 2 visits - both times sent back as they were inedible.

The staff are very friendly, particularly welcoming when you dine in the restaurant - not to single anyone out, but Tim is always very pleasant so I have no issues with regards the team.

I think in general the quality of restaurant's in Sheffield is below average, The Milestone can be good, is often distinctly average - but has the potential to be so much better than it is.

That it is considered to be one of the, if not the best restaurants in the area, is indicitive of how far behind other cities we are....

Went last week on a stag do (pub section). It was nice if not a little fancy for what it is.

Called Friday! we both thought the quality of food eaten was overpriced.Better value seem to exist on the 2 course with a glass of wine menu but neither of us fancied what was on offer.Our bill for two 2 courses a bottle of Pinot Noir and a coffee came to £80.Service was good,but overall,I can't think why we would wish to return.

Is there just one menu for the whole place now - upstairs and downstairs?

There is just one menu now for both the pub and restaurant. We went last night and had an excellent early bird meal, although this has gone up now to £14.

We were told last night that you can now book tables both upstairs and downstairs and I would recommend you do as it was rammed last night. Apparently they've never been that busy on a Sunday before and are now really busy all nights mid-week as well (no suprises reallly after they've been on TV now).

There is just one menu now for both the pub and restaurant. We went last night and had an excellent early bird meal, although this has gone up now to £14.

We were told last night that you can now book tables both upstairs and downstairs and I would recommend you do as it was rammed last night. Apparently they've never been that busy on a Sunday before and are now really busy all nights mid-week as well (no suprises reallly after they've been on TV now).

Thanks for that! I'm not so sure I like that idea though. There are many people who only liked the upstairs food, not the downstairs food and vice versa. Also means that the menu is pretty pricey for both upstairs and downstairs now.... and the new menu looks a bit duller than usual.

Have been a few times for drinks or meals. Have always enjoyed the place and found the food delicious. It isn't cheap but always been worth it when e have been there.